Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mercury > Mystique
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-21-2004, 04:11 PM   #1
madmax40965
AF Newbie

2000 Mystique missing and check engine light on

Hello all,
I am new to the boards , but I thought I would post this in hopes that it might help someone. My wife has a 2000 mystique which recently had the check engine light come on. It also started missing badly at idle. I thought maybe the egr or mass air flow sensor, I took it to auto zone and had the code pulled, all it said was vehicle was running lean. Any way about this time we also noticed a loss of vacuum assist on the brakes. I have finally tracked down the problem( thanks to a friend who works at a ford dealership, and he didn't even look at the car...lol). It was all because of a vacuum hose located underneath the thermostat
housing. The end connected to the intake (underneath the throttle body) had rotted away and was craked and pulling together. I have fixed it temporarly till I can order one from ford. I was going to use gas line , but it is a special hose...3/8 on one end and about 1/2" on the other. Hope this helps someone.

Dive Safe,
madmax
madmax40965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 02:58 PM   #2
rsvasquez
AF Newbie

Re: 2000 Mystique missing and check engine light on

I also had that problem! I bought the hose at the dealership and got it replaced.
rsvasquez is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mercury > Mystique