Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Volkswagen > Jetta/Vento/Bora > '04+
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-20-2016, 11:02 AM   #1
mretana
AF Newbie

Exclamation Shiftronic issue on Jetta 2012

I have a Jetta 2012, last night I was driving on a very dark road and there was a big rock in the middle of the street which madly hits the low part of my car, it makes my car jump, it broke the sump where the oil of the gear box is stored.
I drove to the mechanic and he changes the sump for a new one and also removes the check engine mark generated by the sensor.
Now the car is making the gear shifts right, on manual(shiftronic) transmission and automatic as well. The issue I am having is when I try to put the P in the gear box, it is not smooth anymore and it's not doing that "click" that it does when you put R, D or S. I remember that before that accident, when you move the gear from the R to the P you didn't have to do much effort, now you should move the gear from R to the P and accommodate the gear in the center of the space of the P in order to hear that "click" I mentioned above. Even if the click doesn't come out, the car is marking P in the screen, and it does the work properly but it's not doing the things as it did before.

What should I do in this case?
mretana is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Volkswagen > Jetta/Vento/Bora > '04+