Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Accord/TSX/Accord Hybrid
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-14-2015, 08:11 AM   #1
geovair66
AF Newbie

1999 accord 3.0 vtech

Hey all, I have an issue with a code p0336. The previous owner was driving about 75 and the engine died. It was running great prior to this issue He had it towed home and pulled a crank sensor code. After breaking it down found the timing belt had migrated a bit and was shreading leaving pieces near the crank sensor. He replaced the timing belt and crank sensor then drove it for about 5 days and it ran fine. As he was driving it started to run rough and he limped it home. Pulled a code p0336 on it and it's the only code. I own it now and over the last few days since purchase I have reset the ecu and the code keeps popping up. The car runs great for the first few minutes then Starts to run rough. Eventually the cel will come on and the tach drops to 3 to 400 rpms. The throttle lags up to 2800 and will not pass 3000 and will bounce between those two. I reset the code while running and it ran a lot rougher, but once the code reset it leveled out about 3 to 400 again. I have broken it down again to ohm out the new sensor and it shown within specified range. I consistently get p0336 and no other codes. Can anyone help with this issue? It has a lot of miles 345000. When it is started it runs great and the tach is smooth, but once the cel comes on you can get it to 3000 max but once the pedal is released it will die. But will start right back up and stay running till its throttled up again then will die. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
geovair66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 10:31 AM   #2
DeltaP
AF Enthusiast

Re: 1999 accord 3.0 vtech

The CKP signal is not detected by the ECM during initial engine cranking. Low battery voltage or weak starter can trigger this code. Check battery charge,condition and charging system before going further. Check the sensor,wiring circuit,air gap and rotating,(looks like a bicycle sprocket), plate/gear. Should not be loose,bent or damaged in any way.
DeltaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 06:48 PM   #3
geovair66
AF Newbie

Re: 1999 accord 3.0 vtech

replaced with another new sensor. brand new battery have within range resistance at plug for ecu from sensor. car will start and after a mnute or so will start to shutter then cel will kick on and car will die but will restart but run crappy.
geovair66 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Accord/TSX/Accord Hybrid