Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Panoz > GTRA / GTWS / GTS
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 10:51 PM   #1
Cobra4B
AF Enthusiast

2:07.1 lap - VIR Full @ NASA Oktoberfast

#4 Z06 - NASA ST3/TT3
Cobra4B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 11:46 PM   #2
NZGTRA17
AF Enthusiast

Re: 2:07.1 lap - VIR Full @ NASA Oktoberfast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra4B View Post

Nice one Brian, car looks like it is well planted and doing the business. The RX8 was looking a little ragged at times, looked to be due to line selection though.

I see there is another TTA post of a Subaru (?) 4wd turbo in the mid 2.06's at the same meeting. What were the fastest TTA times of the weekend? How do you go against the TTA Mitsi Evo's and Subaru's?

Kel.
Panoz GTRA #17
New Zealand
NZGTRA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 07:51 AM   #3
Panoz26
AF Enthusiast

Go Fast Ricky Bobby, Go Fast!! Great time!

Panoz26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 08:20 AM   #4
Cobra4B
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZGTRA17 View Post
Nice one Brian, car looks like it is well planted and doing the business. The RX8 was looking a little ragged at times, looked to be due to line selection though.

I see there is another TTA post of a Subaru (?) 4wd turbo in the mid 2.06's at the same meeting. What were the fastest TTA times of the weekend? How do you go against the TTA Mitsi Evo's and Subaru's?

Kel.
The yellow car was a 3rd gen FD RX-7 with a stock LS1 in it. His car is so light he can only make 330ish rwhp. He runs it in TTS which is where I ran the Panoz. I have my Z06 prepped for TTA which is the same power/weight limit, but you have to "spend" points to do mods to the car vs. TTS where it's basically unlimited mods so long as your above 8.7lbs/horse. I sent the video to the RX-7 driver and he immediatly appologized because he wasn't 100% pushing it and thought it was his buddy (who also has a silver Corvette) behind him. He ran a best of 2:06.7 for the weekend I believe, but it wasn't in any of the TT sessions... was in his instructor track time.

The blue Subaru is Justin Matthews' car.... on his TTA tune he can only run 315 awhp... on his high boost map the car makes 420+ awhp. He finished 2nd for the weekend w/ his 2:06.5 and 1st was taken by a gentleman from Georga named Scott Perkins in a TTA C5 FRC with a 2:05.9. (Corvette fun fact - FRC = fixed roof coupe. Chevy introduced in in '99 and made it in '00. It only came with the Z51 performance suspension and a 6-speed manual. It didn't sell that well so chevy upped the power, put bigger wheels/tires, and a few cosmetic changes and created the Z06 for the 2001 model year.... so basically a FRC is a Z06 with a LS1 in it).

I believe the TTA record on VIR full is 2:05.2ish set in another C5 Z06 from Georgia, guy's name is Mark Nunnally (some of the guys on here know him and Scott). The TTS record was set by Wally Hessami this weekend in his ST2 race car with a 2:01.9.... that's flying.

Funny that just a few years ago anything around a 2:10 was considered fast in a SCCA T1 Corvette

As for how do we compete w/ the evos/stis etc.... very well... that's the cool thing about NASA's forumla. It allows many different types of cars to really compete with each other. Some of the faster unlimited cars out there are the Forged Tuning Nissan GTR and the Element Tuning Subaru STI.

Oh.... and in that video I ran the car on A6s this time running a 275/35/18 on four OEM rear Z06 wheels which are 18x10.5. The car felt much better than the 17" setup. Still can't really attack the uphill esses as the car has no aero and the stock shocks/springs get a big floaty banging the curbs.

My TBL from the weekend's data was a 2:06.9.

-Brian
#4 Z06 - NASA ST3/TT3
Old 10-13-2010, 08:48 AM   #5
Cobra4B
AF Enthusiast

Here's a clip from my first session Sunday where I had to start at the back of the pack...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiNa5...layer_embedded
#4 Z06 - NASA ST3/TT3
Old 10-13-2010, 10:02 AM   #6
Panoz26
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra4B View Post
The yellow car was a 3rd gen FD RX-7 with a stock LS1 in it. His car is so light he can only make 330ish rwhp. He runs it in TTS which is where I ran the Panoz. I have my Z06 prepped for TTA which is the same power/weight limit, but you have to "spend" points to do mods to the car vs. TTS where it's basically unlimited mods so long as your above 8.7lbs/horse. I sent the video to the RX-7 driver and he immediatly appologized because he wasn't 100% pushing it and thought it was his buddy (who also has a silver Corvette) behind him. He ran a best of 2:06.7 for the weekend I believe, but it wasn't in any of the TT sessions... was in his instructor track time.
Ok, that explains it, I was wondering why he was giving you such a hard time ....

Panoz26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 02:36 PM   #7
eric1h
AF Enthusiast

How is that a TT if you're doing W2W!! lol

GT-WC #22 (now #62 and Blue)

eric1h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 09:04 AM   #8
Squerly
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panoz26 View Post
Ok, that explains it, I was wondering why he was giving you such a hard time ....
I know! I was thinking that's on fire breathing Mazda!

Squerly is offline   Reply With Quote