Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-26-2005, 05:50 PM   #61
gonenuts15792
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to gonenuts15792 Send a message via Yahoo to gonenuts15792
Re: Re: 2006 Monte Carlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunken monkey
'green' doesn't only mean better mpg.

Green: not harmful to the environment

Oh I'm sorry toyota has that special touch with all their plastics to make them environmentally friendly. And for gas they use recycled Farts....

Old 06-26-2005, 06:24 PM   #62
Filthy Sanchez
AF Enthusiast

I'm not here to rip on GM Mr.Nuts I like GM as I do Ford and Chrysler but each has dissapointed me in one way or another. As for Honda and Toyota's bland styling they make nothing I want either, I don't want a civic or an Accord, as much as I don't want a Corolla, or Echo. It's just GM doesn't really make much that I want either I think the Vette is gorgeous, I think Chevy trucks are butt fu*kin' ugly though, though I like the GMC variant. As you pointed out The Aveo is the best selling sub-compact though I can't think of too many other sub-compacts sold in the US. I read in Motor Trend and Car Craft magazine that GM has cancelled the Camaro replacement but hey those publications could be wrong. I like the new Cadillac platforms I just think the designers at Cadillac are smoking crack! As you say as well hey lat-offs are just business it's nothing personal, so nothing personal to all those GM employees layed-off, as a metter of fact you can still buy a GM vehicle at the employee cost.
Old 06-26-2005, 06:34 PM   #63
drunken monkey
Razor Sharp Twit

Re: Re: Re: 2006 Monte Carlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonenuts15792
Green: not harmful to the environment

Oh I'm sorry toyota has that special touch with all their plastics to make them environmentally friendly. And for gas they use recycled Farts....

and that just shows how little you know about the subject.
Old 06-26-2005, 08:25 PM   #64
gonenuts15792
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to gonenuts15792 Send a message via Yahoo to gonenuts15792
Re: Re: Re: Re: 2006 Monte Carlo

Quote:
and that just shows how little you know about the subject.
Well then enlighten me. I'm not all that worried about the environment so green means nothing to me.

Old 06-26-2005, 08:31 PM   #65
drunken monkey
Razor Sharp Twit

Re: 2006 Monte Carlo

and if it means nothing to you, i'd just be wasting my time.
Old 06-26-2005, 08:37 PM   #66
gonenuts15792
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy Sanchez
I'm not here to rip on GM Mr.Nuts I like GM as I do Ford and Chrysler but each has dissapointed me in one way or another. As for Honda and Toyota's bland styling they make nothing I want either, I don't want a civic or an Accord, as much as I don't want a Corolla, or Echo. It's just GM doesn't really make much that I want either I think the Vette is gorgeous, I think Chevy trucks are butt fu*kin' ugly though, though I like the GMC variant. As you pointed out The Aveo is the best selling sub-compact though I can't think of too many other sub-compacts sold in the US. I read in Motor Trend and Car Craft magazine that GM has cancelled the Camaro replacement but hey those publications could be wrong. I like the new Cadillac platforms I just think the designers at Cadillac are smoking crack! As you say as well hey lat-offs are just business it's nothing personal, so nothing personal to all those GM employees layed-off, as a metter of fact you can still buy a GM vehicle at the employee cost.

GM hasn't cancelled the Camaro, if anything they are looking even more seriously at it due to the demand for the Mustang. GM is definitely going to be releasing a Camaro like vehicle, it just may be called something different.

Cadillac is different, it's cutting edge, and daring, not lexus boring. Perfect example, a bland car people aren't happy with, styling that stands out and enables you to indentify the car from many feet away is too daring and people complain about that. You just can't win.

BTW, Mr. Nuts, I like that. I'd like to change my name, it just doesn't fit me anymore but I do like that.

Old 06-26-2005, 08:40 PM   #67
gonenuts15792
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
and if it means nothing to you, i'd just be wasting my time.

No really enlighten me.

Old 06-26-2005, 10:06 PM   #68
Jimster
Here for the pussy, man.

Send a message via ICQ to Jimster Send a message via AIM to Jimster Send a message via Yahoo to Jimster

Quote:
Jimster that post right there proves you have your head farther up toyotas ass than I do GM.

The Tacoma is a joke for a truck, it can't do anything that Ford or GM trucks can do, it's got a wimpy engine, the interior did not impress me one bit. The tundra is the same thing, the engine is wimpy, and it can't tow are haul much at all. I have a friend that has a tundra, he got bad gas one time and he had to have his whole engine rebuilt, I was getting the same gas with my Suburban and hmmm what do you know, I don't have a problem with it at all. What trucks and SUVs are bringing in top marks? That's right Ford and GM. In the heavy duty segment the GMC Sierra 2500HD is considered to be the best. The Small block GM engines are considered to be the best engine designs of all time, and they last forever. toyota has a long way to go before they are even half as good as the trucks offered by Ford or GM, and when the new GMT900 trucks arrive in 2006 toyota will have to play catchup even more. I never see a toyota towing a 30 foot trailer, or for that matter hauling much of anything either. But yet it's odd to see a GM or Ford truck around here without a trailer being towed behind ir or something being hauled in the back. The engines toyota offers are wimpy compared to the V8s offered by GM. It's funny to how toyota is supposed to be the greenest car company in the world, but yet their trucks and SUVs with smaller less powerful engines don't get as good of gas mileage as the bigger SUVs and trucks offered by GM that make more HP and torque than the trucks offered by toyota.

Oh and the toyota getting dropped doesn't mean anything. I don't know if you are fimiliar with the show mythbusters but on one show there was this older Cadillac that was put through some similiar test and it still ran. Hell the Cadillac engine didn't die so they took it out and put sugar, bleach, lead, paint, anything they could think of in the oil and gas, and it still ran. It took adding massive amount of bleach to the engine before it started to smoke, and it still ran for awhile before starting to smoke and then finally quiting. Don't forget this engine was from the 70s too when GM was supposedly making junk cars. So yeah woo the toyota can survive a crash, getting dropped and getting some salt water in the interior, just about any truck or car can handle abuse like that, most of it's to the body and not the engine itself. Do you know who sells the most big boat engines in the world, yup you guess it GM, engines on boats are subjected to some of the harshes environments around and the Small Block GM engines are the prefferred for this type of application too.
Oh, right Interior plastics should be the number one priority when buying a pickup Toyota mustn't offer the turbo-diesel Tacoma in the states, which is the engine to have in the Hilux, this is a truck used by sheep farmers in places like Scotland and New Zealands South Island to tackle some of the toughest terrain in the world, that's when they're not tackling the Sahara or the Simpson desert, or ferrying the Taleban rebels about Afganistan. A Japanese turbo-diesel Ute is the only real way to go if want a proper ute, maybe not in North America, the only place where Rams and F150s aren't so expensive you'd worry about scratching it to kingdom come, but certainly elsewhere.

I don't have my head up Toyotas ass either, in fact I hate them, characterless but extremely tough and extremely reliable transport.

2007 Audi A4 3.0 TDI Le Mans
Old 06-27-2005, 12:27 AM   #69
gonenuts15792
AF Enthusiast

OK first I have one question if you don't care about the look of the interiors how come you criticize GM about the same stuff you dismiss in other vehicles?

Second, no plastics are not the whole picture, but a good interior ads to the overall appeal of a vehicle.

Nope they don't offer the diesel in the U.S. Anyway, if the converters are correct that I used to convert Kw to HP, and Nm to LB. FT. the diesel seems a little whimpy too.

Old 06-27-2005, 12:37 AM   #70
Jimster
Here for the pussy, man.

Send a message via ICQ to Jimster Send a message via AIM to Jimster Send a message via Yahoo to Jimster

I'm talking about trucks not cars, finish is indeed important on most cars, however trucks are workhorses, they're already far too luxurious, what should matter with a Pickup is how much it can haul and how well it can get through swamps/uneven terrain etc. It's sad that there's such a big market for selling prettied up trucks that can't do anything properly to idiot lawyers who wished they were the construction worker guy from the Villiage people.

Turbo diesels are not powerful, they were never meant to be, the torque however is clearly significant enough for the Hilux to do everything a fullsize pick up can do, right up to the very extreme end of the scale where someone wants to tow 7 or 8000 lbs (Something less than 1% of pickup drivers do)

2007 Audi A4 3.0 TDI Le Mans
Old 06-27-2005, 12:59 AM   #71
gonenuts15792
AF Enthusiast

Like I said if my converters are right it has less than 300 pound feet of torque, which is still pretty wimpy, Toyotas website says the turbo diesel can tow 5,000 pounds max, which isn't much.

And you gotta keep in mind it's not only the engine that enables you to tow that much but the suspension, the vehicle length, the transmission, and frame.

A full size truck can tow more than 5,000 pounds.

Old 06-27-2005, 01:35 AM   #72
Filthy Sanchez
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
GM hasn't cancelled the Camaro, if anything they are looking even more seriously at it due to the demand for the Mustang. GM is definitely going to be releasing a Camaro like vehicle, it just may be called something different.

Cadillac is different, it's cutting edge, and daring, not lexus boring. Perfect example, a bland car people aren't happy with, styling that stands out and enables you to indentify the car from many feet away is too daring and people complain about that. You just can't win.

BTW, Mr. Nuts, I like that. I'd like to change my name, it just doesn't fit me anymore but I do like that.

I'd like to believe that 1st part about the Camaro type car I really would, only time will tell. When GM was asked about Mustang sales they said "We already have the Monte Carlo, in that niche and we think the Cobalt SS will help us as well in that segment!

As for Cadillac, call it what you will cutting edge, stand out either way it's just plain ugly.
Old 06-27-2005, 03:11 AM   #73
gonenuts15792
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: 2006 Monte Carlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy Sanchez
I'd like to believe that 1st part about the Camaro type car I really would, only time will tell. When GM was asked about Mustang sales they said "We already have the Monte Carlo, in that niche and we think the Cobalt SS will help us as well in that segment!

As for Cadillac, call it what you will cutting edge, stand out either way it's just plain ugly.

I'd like to see a source for this Monte Carlo and Cobalt SS statement, I've never heard it. head over to GMinsidenews and look at the information on a Camaro like vehicle that is pretty much confirmed to be coming.

Cadillac has come to be the number one selling Luxury brand in the U.S., with record sales too. People must like the look...

Old 06-27-2005, 03:44 AM   #74
Filthy Sanchez
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
I'd like to see a source for this Monte Carlo and Cobalt SS statement, I've never heard it. head over to GMinsidenews and look at the information on a Camaro like vehicle that is pretty much confirmed to be coming.

Cadillac has come to be the number one selling Luxury brand in the U.S., with record sales too. People must like the look...

It was either Popular Hot Rodding, or Car Craft.
Old 06-27-2005, 09:48 AM   #75
drunken monkey
Razor Sharp Twit

wait a minute.... an american car selling well in america..... shock horror!
GM fan not caring about the environment... shock horror!!

just out of interest, how old are you?

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General