Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Galant
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 10:13 PM   #1
ChrissyR
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to ChrissyR Send a message via MSN to ChrissyR Send a message via Yahoo to ChrissyR
Question Multiply Problems.... need advice to fix.

I have a 2002 galant and i havent had it but only about a year now and it has 131,000 miles on it. A couple months ago my turn signals, hazzard lights and my high beam indicator started to flash whenever i would use them instead of staying on like they normally do... a little later my seat belt light and door light indicator started to blink as well when my seat belt was off or door was open instead of just staying on like they normally did..... then my door locks went out and i manually have to lock all my doors now... these all went out on my within a weeks time.... first when my car was sitting over night and would be really cold when i get in it in the morning all these would work... but after about 5 mins of driving and my car warmed up they quit working... now they dont work at all. I have been told a few options of what might be wrong with my car.... i just need some advice of what might be wrong so i can get this all fixed without paying a fortune... my car has to be inspetic next month so the sooner i get it fixed the better....thanks....... also, i just change the fuel pump in my car because it wouldnt start..... after we changed it, it ran for a little bit... the next day we drove 30 mins and the car jus stalled out on us... and stopped working again... plz help what may be wrong with my car.

Last edited by ChrissyR; 02-11-2009 at 11:41 AM.
ChrissyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 10:28 PM   #2
azntech630
AF Newbie

Re: Multiply Problems.... need advice to fix.

u have a major electrical problems. You have a shortage somewhere or cross touch other wires near them. Theres a lot of test to be done to really know whats the problem. If you know how to use logic probes, test light or DMM you will have a idea. Now the fuel pumps do not go out unless u drive with an empty tank all the time. The problem may be simple like ur fuel pump relay or check valve. Unless u jus wanna sell it to me
azntech630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 07:34 AM   #3
ChrissyR
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to ChrissyR Send a message via MSN to ChrissyR Send a message via Yahoo to ChrissyR

well here is the thing.... the person who did my fuel pump then realized that the relay was in backwards i dont know if i paid to for a fuel pump i really didnt need and i dont know much about cars but my dad does and he told me to take it to his machanic i just dont want to use all my college money fixing this damn car..... i would love to sell it but i still owe too much damn money on it to pay it off...
ChrissyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 10:57 PM   #4
RahX
AF Enthusiast

You cannot install a relay backwards, they're made to be idiot-proof. As far as everything else, it is something someone would have to physically look at. It could be as simple as a bad ground, bad connection or a damaged wire/wires. Electrical problems are only as complicated as you make them. Being that all of these things happened at almost the same time, there is probably going to be one main cause. Have someone look at it that absolutely knows what they're doing, it will save you a lot of time and money.
RahX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 10:15 PM   #5
azntech630
AF Newbie

the idiot that put the relay backwards should not work on ur car again!!! looks like ur gona spend alot of money fixin it. I would like to look into ur car but distance is the problem and I would charge u cheap. An advice if u go to any mechanic that u dont know so much about they will rip u off cuz ur a girl and has no knowledge about cars so be aware of that.
azntech630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 11:31 AM   #6
sailor86
AF Newbie

Don't let anyone touch your car unless they really know what they're doing. I am a journeyman level electrician who has worked on dozens of houses, schools, commercial establishments, and swimming pools; but I approach automotive electrical systems if I have a good schematic. (a good automotive electrician/mechanic might be able to do without 'cause they've done it so many times.) So get someone you can trust. I am definitely too far to swing by and take a look, unfortunatley. Good luck and make sure they're honest.

2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4 cyl Front-wheel-drive. Automatic.
sailor86 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Galant