Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > GMC > Yukon
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-22-2005, 12:30 AM   #1
o2Denali
AF Newbie

02 Denali Fuel gauge stuck??

Long story short. I had half a tank of gas but decided to fill up b4 we left town. I filled and started my truck and Boooom Gauge on empty and my low fuel came on. Went by GMC and ask them about it and they told its' was my fuel sensors. Gonna cost $345 to fix, Anyone had this problem b4?? and How muchit's would cost to fix??

Thanks
o2Denali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 09:17 AM   #2
P-hat
AF Newbie

$345 seems pretty 'inexpensive.' I had the same issue on our '00 Yukon XL and was told approximately $700 because the fuel level sender is a module and the module is in the fuel tank. Basically, the fuel pump and fuel level sender are combined into one component and they have to drop your fuel tank to get to it. I'm not sure if '02 is a combined unit or not, but the $345 seemed like the price I was given for the module itself and not labor.

BTW...our '00 Yukon XL had the exact same problem and the module was swapped out under the fuel pump recall. Inaccurate fuel level readings is a POSSIBLE symptom. Can't recall included model year ranges to see if you MIGHT BE affected.
P-hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 09:40 AM   #3
o2Denali
AF Newbie

Re: 02 Denali Fuel gauge stuck??

Where can i go find if there is a recall on the fuel system?? Thanks
o2Denali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 09:53 AM   #4
P-hat
AF Newbie

Re: Re: 02 Denali Fuel gauge stuck??

Quote:
Originally Posted by o2Denali
Where can i go find if there is a recall on the fuel system?? Thanks
http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/problems/recalls/

http://www.recall-warnings.com/category-cat_autos.htm

I'm not seeing it listed for '02.
P-hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 08:02 PM   #5
hubbie
AF Newbie

had the same problem -- thank GMC that I was under warrenty on my 02 Yukon XL. They claimed it was due to the fuel fouling the sensors (what am I supposed to run in this guzzler?) GM eventually changed out both the front and rear sensors to fix the problem, but only after requesting that I throw a butt load of chemical cleaner into the tank to see if it wouldl "fix" the problem. This gets my craw a bit, because I don't run "no-name" fuel -- only Shell and Petrocan (Canadian boy). with the detergents, etc in gasoline these days, one would think a fouled fuel sensor would be the last of anyone's worries. others have indicated it is the sulfer content in the fuel -- guess what, companies are,and have spent literally millions of dollars to REDUCE the sulfur content of fuel compared to what it was 10 - 20 years ago. I don't recall fouled sensors back then ! If the fuel is fouling the sensors, I'ld say GM has the problem, not the thousands who have been affected by this problem. Time for a complete recall GM, and stop going low bid on your parts suppliers. We pay a top dollar for a quality product, and seem to get nickle and dimed on "problems' like this.
hubbie is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > GMC > Yukon