Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > GMC > Yukon
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-14-2005, 01:10 PM   #1
Y2K996
AF Newbie

Unhappy Memory seats and Easy Out feature

I have an 05 Denali and have the Easy Out turned on so that when I remove the key the seat will move back and down. When I get back in the truck I punch the memory button to put the seat back in position. The problem I am having is that after doing this a few times the seat "forgets" the positions I have stored and moves too far forward. When it does this it will then be too far forward in both the Easy Out and the Memory 1 settings. I need to reset the positions again for both. Also, sometimes I need to reset the vertical position of the seat as Easy Out will forget to drop down while going back. Anyone else with a Denali or 1SD Yukon having the same problem? It's been happening for the past six months that I have had the car (along with the Nav systems reboots).
Old 07-14-2005, 01:45 PM   #2
tonytone
AF Enthusiast

I can't speak as to the Easy Out issue (I personally don't use it, as I'm a bit paranoid about the motor wearing out over time from all that seat travel (moreso w/ the Easy Out vs. just moving the seat into memory position since there is more seat travel movement along the rails w/ the Easy Out) but I do know there is at least one TSB that addresses the seat memory retention issue. I think the fix involves either replacing the seat memory module itself and/or reprogramming the BCM...
tonytone is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > GMC > Yukon