Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Warehoused Archives > Girl Racers' Spot
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Girl Racers' Spot For the Female Racer....
  Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-16-2003, 09:20 AM   #16
yelow88crxsi
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to yelow88crxsi Send a message via Yahoo to yelow88crxsi
if your still wondering about the intakes....i would go with a ram air one...when u have the cold air intake u have to worry about puddles and $hit....they pretty much sound the same....but im not sure which one is cheaper

Yellow88 Honda Crx Si ~~RETIRED~~ RIP CRX 12/03
~Black 89 Crx si~
zc 1.6 sohc
full exhaust
short shifter
momo steerig wheel
15.6@88mph oh baby oh baby

"The non-turbo supra, z23 cavi, p5t (new protoge? turbo) BEATER!!!*

Im looking for a cheap turbo setup....im me: HndaCrxGirl
Old 10-19-2003, 09:38 PM   #17
ra227
AF Enthusiast

Hey,

I have a CAI- AEM w/ bypass valve and have not had a problem w/ it at all. Have had it for about 2 yrs. give or take. I have driven in everything- rain storms, extreme heat etc...- except snow. Never had puddle problems- still have all the splash guards on. Short ram is usually cheaper but a e-bay CAI is going to be cheaper vs. an Injen Short Ram Intake. Just depends what you are looking for cuz- like stated before- an intake alone won't gain any huge numbers.
Old 10-26-2003, 01:58 AM   #18
PreludeMOFO
AF Regular

AEM says their the best, Iceman says their the best,

in all honesty, they perform the same with a +- 1 HP dif between the two. Aem just looks better with their polished surfaces. Not sure bout Injen, but really, you cant go wrong with these things. My
The bypass valve is only needed if you drive in a climate where your car could be submerged in more than 6 in (or maybe it was ft, whatever sounds more likely) of water, otherwise its not needed.

And more power to the chick with the Lude!

Im a guy and theres nothin more attractive to me then a chick with good taste in cars (i drive a Prelude myself)
Old 10-26-2003, 12:54 PM   #19
Spectre927
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Spectre927
The ICEMAN is made of supposedly "a space age NASA plastic" or so I was told. It seems to work and I have noticed the plastic never gets as hot as the AEM or any metal intake. That means theres less heating of the air on its journey.
Old 11-04-2003, 05:25 PM   #20
beatnu
AF Newbie

if you want a good cai dont get one made of any kind of metal because this defeats the purpose of colder air being brought through a hot metal object instead get a cai from iceman and it will prove to be what you are lookig for
Old 11-05-2003, 01:03 AM   #21
94VtecLude
AF Newbie

Acutally the cai is better than the short ram. The whole point is to get cooler air to the engine, while the short ram does this it, it still pulls in hotter air next to the engine. The CAI "solves" this by extending to underneath the car. Remember, physics denote the cooler the air the better the combustion, always; and the better the combustion the more power.

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Warehoused Archives > Girl Racers' Spot