Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Lamborghini > Gallardo
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-25-2004, 06:21 AM   #16
Coast Boy
AF Regular

Re: Re: My Gallardo Arrived

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim501
Well done Coast Boy!!!!!!! Good to hear that there is a Gallardo on the coast. I have only seen two other Lamborghinis on the coast. One is the yellow murcielago with the number plate SHARK. I saw that in Surfers 2 weeks ago. And the other is a black diablo 6.0 with the number GREGS and that lives at Main Beach. (I live out at Carrara) So if you ever need some one to take a ride with you just let me know, I'd love to.
Did you already order your car before the Brisbane Audi became the Lamborghini dealer?
Hey mate, The Murcielago you see is owned by a guy who is hiring it out for drives. I picked up an advertising card in a store in Surfers Paradise and he is offering to pick you up from your Hotel and drive you around for about 25 minutes for around $145 you can book by calling the cell phone 0408 720 038 or you can email the guy, I think his name is Tim on shark@pocketmail.com.au I have never been in a Murcielago, I didn't buy one because they are too big in my opinion for how I use a car but I'd love to go for a ride in one sometime.
Coast Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004, 06:30 AM   #17
Coast Boy
AF Regular

Re: Re: Re: My Gallardo Arrived

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy_Type_R
I would not be surprised with Coast Boy didn't want to deal with Brisbane's "Lambo Dealer". I found them to be arrogant a*holes who have no concept of talking to customers, returning phone calls or being SALES PEOPLE altogether. But hey, that's just me.
Iggy it is always an interesting experience buying a super car. Most of the time the guys working in the dealerships are so full of themselves. In the case mentioned I think Audi expected to see more then they have and they expected the people purchasing Lambo's to warn to them. I would safely say a lot of the Audi guys are just that, Audi guys and don't know too much about Lambos yet. Most seem to try pretty hard though and are supper stoked to have the brand. The guy for Lambos in Australia is Michael Wood from Mosman Automobiles in Sydney; he sells more Lambos than Lambo, especially really good used ones. He has an awesome reputation and will talk to anyone about anything. He really is a genuine guy who LOVES Lambos and Super cars. If you want anymore info from Michael tell him you get his email from the forums and he'll help you out. mosmanautos@ozemail.com.au is Michael's email.
Old 07-25-2004, 07:18 AM   #18
-Davo
Banned

Re: My Gallardo Arrived

If I had the resources, I'd buy a Lambo like the click on a finger! I wouldn't worry too much on who it is.
-Davo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004, 07:49 AM   #19
Coast Boy
AF Regular

Re: Re: My Gallardo Arrived

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Davo
If I had the resources, I'd buy a Lambo like the click on a finger! I wouldn't worry too much on who it is.
Davo, believe me mate it makes a difference what the Sales person is like. When you are parting with half a million bucks like I did last week you want to know the guy is going to be on the end of the phone if there are any issues. Both Michael Wood from Mosman Autos and Greville from Lambo Sydney followed me up with phone calls and emails and I know they will be around if I need them. Also I hate giving commissions to dickheads, which is one of the reasons why I'm not into Ferrari anymore. I won't buy from their Queensland dealer at all, ever. Besides Lamborghini is the growing brand and I think they are making better cars. I own both so I can compare. I put 24,000 Km on my Ferrari 360 in 12 months and I intend to do about half that in the Gallardo. The closest Lambo service department to my place is 80 Km away at Brisbane Audi. I either drive there or get a truck which is about $500 each way. These cars sell themselves, a good sales person know this and all they need to do is instill the confidence that they will be around if there are any problems, once they do this the deal is done.
Old 07-25-2004, 07:46 PM   #20
Iggy_Type_R
AF Newbie

What is it with sales people in Brisbane??? I lived there for six months and bought a Jeep while there, and became good friends with the guy who sold it to me, and that's a 60k car! Ferrari were dickheads too!!! I went in there asking for the Maserati or Ferrari... they barely wanted to talk to me. I asked for a list of options for the 360 cause I didn't like it "standard"... never got back to me. I also asked to be informed on teh 360CS, never got back to me. I wanted to go for a drive in the 360 and here is what happened:
Iggy: "I want to go for a drive in 360."
Sales Guy: "Sorry it's booked for a test drive."
I: "Really? Very dissapointing."
SG: "Have you driven the Gallardo?"
I: "Yeah twice!"
SG: "Let me go talk to the boss"
comes back a min later
SG: "Well, he said I can take you for a ride in a demo 360, but that' sabout it. If oyu want, put down a deposit of $20,000 and you can drive one".
I: "Alright, lets go dickface" (ok may be I didnt say dickface, but was thinking it!)

Went for a ride... didn't like it. Probably cause I was pissed off.
SG: "So was that good or what?"
I: "No it wasn't. I prefer the Lambo. Probably has something to do with the fact that I test drove one"
SG: "Oh..... hmmm ... sorry, can' tlet you drive".
I: "Whatever. Bye"

he didn't even talk about the Massa... grrr. dickheads. Well their loss... now I am buying a Massa in Sydney from Tony Grazzianni (sp?) ... AWSEOME guy... the best sales person I've ever dealt with!
Iggy_Type_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004, 07:53 PM   #21
Coast Boy
AF Regular

Mate, what can I say? I feel for you bro, that is the way of the Exotic Car World in Australia. The good ones learn to speak with respect and they get the sales. I know heaps of guys who don't buy brand new because of that very experience. Good luck with your purchase.
Old 07-26-2004, 01:26 AM   #22
Iggy_Type_R
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Re: My Gallardo Arrived

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coast Boy
Mate I brought a Gallardo, three layer pearl orange, e-gear, the only one on the Gold Coast. It is a showstopper everywhere I park the cameras come out. It's so full on. I get a bit nervous with this sometimes but most people are really blown away and just want to get their photo taken which is cool.
Oops... sorry mate... I misread the post Congrats either way!!
Iggy_Type_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 03:51 AM   #23
enzoslrc6
AF Newbie

congrats
Old 04-05-2005, 03:52 AM   #24
enzoslrc6
AF Newbie

do you have any other cars in your plans. let us know
Old 04-05-2005, 08:51 PM   #25
TexasF355F1
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to TexasF355F1
This thread is quite old. But Coast Boy, since you did start it, how about some pics of your ride?
Old 04-07-2005, 07:36 AM   #26
-Davo
Banned

He was on today, but didn't post I don't think

Coast Boy
(AF Newbie)

Last Activity: 04-07-2005 09:24 PM

It would be cool to see his ride
-Davo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 09:13 AM   #27
horizon8
AF Newbie

Quote:
When you are parting with half a million bucks like I did last week you want to know the guy is going to be on the end of the phone if there are any issues.
you paid $500,000 for a Gallardo? Are you smoking drugs?

A 1 year old Gallardo costs about $120,000-$130,000 in the States...
horizon8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 02:56 PM   #28
Samurai75007
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by horizon8
you paid $500,000 for a Gallardo? Are you smoking drugs?

A 1 year old Gallardo costs about $120,000-$130,000 in the States...
Wow, you brought back a topic over a year old to say that? in 04 when this was started they were selling for around 300k. most super cars sell for well over sticker price more over if it wasn't even out yet and it was a pre pay. as for it being sold in another country there may have been conversion cost's and such or he may have been referring to one million of another country's funds.
Samurai75007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 09:30 AM   #29
carfreak1
AF Newbie

Upload those vids on www.myridevideo.com
Old 01-13-2007, 06:59 PM   #30
An Angry Clown
AF Enthusiast

man this post really inspired me to save up my money, buy a gallardo and live in my car... awesome

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post #500 made Feb. 11
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
An Angry Clown is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Lamborghini > Gallardo