Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Caravan | Voyager
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-20-2003, 09:28 PM   #1
sandrews
AF Newbie

Question Replacement of rear view mirror on chrysler T&C

Can anyone help me or direct me to a web site that would show me how to replace a rear view mirror on a 2001 Town & country. I have to replace the driver side mirror. It is heated and remote. I've looked at it and looks like I have to have some special tool. Please help me if you can. Thanks
sandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 09:58 PM   #2
tazman
AF Enthusiast

Re: Replacement of rear view mirror on chrysler T&C

You have to remove the inside left 'A' post trim panel. It is only held on with 3 metal clips and should come off fairly easy. Next you need a torx bit that fits the head of the 3 bolts that hold the mirror onto the car. When removing the last bolt have someone hold the mirror so it doesn't fall and dent your van. The last step is to disconnect the power harness by sliding back the locking tab and depressing the catch to release the harness.

You might also have the newer style of mirror which has a plastic triangle shaped plate that covers these bolts from the outside. Use a small flat-head screwdriver to gently pry the plate off and then remove the bolts. The wire harness runs through a hole into the van behind the 'A' post trim panel. Disconnect the harness and you are ready to install the new mirror.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandrews
Can anyone help me or direct me to a web site that would show me how to replace a rear view mirror on a 2001 Town & country. I have to replace the driver side mirror. It is heated and remote. I've looked at it and looks like I have to have some special tool. Please help me if you can. Thanks
tazman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 09:30 PM   #3
swagner
AF Newbie

2002 Town and Country Power Mirror

Replacing driver side power/heated mirror. No problem removing and replacing the mirror, but having trouble with the wiring harness for the mirror. The wires run under the dash deep towards the front end, forward of the speaker in the dash, unable to see the connector to unplug and change out. Hope I don't have to remove the whole dash... I must be missing something?

Any suggestions.

Thanks,
Steve
swagner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 04:22 PM   #4
KarlLehmann
AF Newbie

Re: Replacement of rear view mirror on chrysler T&C

I am having the same trouble with my 2002 Caravan. Can't find the connector.
KarlLehmann is offline   Reply With Quote