Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Crown Victoria
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-02-2003, 05:52 PM   #1
petthekat
AF Newbie

Unhappy 1994 Crown Vic

Hello all! I have a sad question for anyone who can help. I bought a 94 Crown vic for my son a year ago. Unfortunatly, he has blown the engine. At this point, I'm not interested in replacing the engine. The car is in excellent condition as far as the body, paint and interior. It was bought from an 80 yr old woman and only had 32000 miles. It now has 46000. The tires are new. My question is, how much should I expect to get for it with the engine blown? Its a popular car here and because the body is so great is $1000.00 to much to ask? Should I ask more or less? The salvage yard said they would give me $700.00. Should I take the money and run? Thanks in advance for any help.
petthekat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2003, 01:38 PM   #2
canyonblue77
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to canyonblue77
blown?

Would you define "blown"?
There are many things that can be wrong with an engine without it being "blown" if the engine is seized you can expect to sell the car for just the body and such I think a thousand is a fair price but it'll take sometime to find someone who agrees enough to buy it. On the other hand the $700 is already out there and could be had immediately. If the engine is not seized but the engine needs some work to get running again you can increase the asking price slightly but remember you're not selling the car to someone who needs a car but to someone who's looking for an affordable start to a project. Try to market it as such. If you look up crown vics in general you'll see there is a pretty sizable and growing following for turning them into performance cars... so if they are just going to replace the engine with a 5.0HO or one of the stroker engines its really the look and condition of the body that matters to that particular buyer.
Hope this helps with your decision.

canyon
canyonblue77 is offline   Reply With Quote