Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-25-2003, 12:39 PM   #76
BlOOe46
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to BlOOe46
those are obviously ur objective opinions

does the fact that the neon doesnt meet ur tastes take away from its performing ability?

wait what was this thread about again? performance?
Old 04-25-2003, 02:39 PM   #77
Polygon
The Red Baron

Send a message via MSN to Polygon Send a message via Skype™ to Polygon
Re: the point

Quote:
Originally posted by feenix z
Yeah, my point is neons have been flat out dissed by consumer reports. They complained about everything from the choppy ride, to the bad seats (car and driver didnt like the seats on the srt-4 either), and the cabin noise.
one more thing, for my money, i would gladly give the extra couple grand to get a decent looking vehicle. neon designers have been asleep at the drawing boards since the car's creation. The headlights remind me of a nun's eyes at an Eminem concert

Hey, hate to tell you this, but if they didn't like the seats in the SRT-4 they must have not like the ones in the Viper either, because they are the same seats. I reall go by what Consumer Reports and Car and Driver say about a car when I decide to buy, yeah right, get real. Like BlOOe46 said, just because you don't like how it looks doesn't mean it can't perform.

Quote:

and as for my story, YEAH ITS TRUE!!!! so once again...

That's nice. I don't give two squirts because you might want to go back and read mine and flylwsi's posts.

Quote:

RESPECT :finger:
Respect? For you?

Yeah right.
Old 04-25-2003, 02:58 PM   #78
kaoru-tochiro
Banned

Re: the point

Quote:
Originally posted by feenix z
Yeah, my point is neons have been flat out dissed by consumer reports. They complained about everything from the choppy ride, to the bad seats (car and driver didnt like the seats on the srt-4 either), and the cabin noise.
one more thing, for my money, i would gladly give the extra couple grand to get a decent looking vehicle. neon designers have been asleep at the drawing boards since the car's creation. The headlights remind me of a nun's eyes at an Eminem concert

and as for my story, YEAH ITS TRUE!!!! so once again...

RESPECT
:finger:
I think your problem is that you wont accept that a cheaper domestic car with a smaller engine can beat your "sacred" "Z" car. Well it did, so get used to it.
Its pretty sad actually, all you Z freaks awaiting the arrival of the new Z, from a far away and sacred place, just to get its ass handed to it by a Neon.
Old 04-25-2003, 05:00 PM   #79
flylwsi
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to flylwsi
feenix, you're a tard.

if you read mine and poly's posts, you'd realize why that happened.

it's called a "safety feature"

alot of cars have them now a days...

i'm not surprised your story is true... it should be...
Old 05-06-2003, 02:31 PM   #80
Beanboy
AF Newbie

SRT4 kicking ass in One Lap

Check out the results from the first Road Atlanta race!

1 3 RUF RGT SSGT1 3:29.642 420
Gary Church, Paul Gerrard
2 2 chev MTI Z-07 SSGT1 3:36.336 415
Ronald Adee, John Myrick
3 52 Dodge SRT-4 MidPri Sed 3:40.464 410
Cory O`Brien, Erich Heuschele

SRT4 has factory stage 1 kit, ACR struts, thicker rear roll bar, and factory LSD, along with 16" rims and street tires. Not too shabby eh? All of the stuff is/will be available shortly from your local Dodge dealer...

Stage 3 will be 300HP/ 300lbs-ft of torque, off-road use only of course, tehe. Nice to see the factory boosting the engine so much with a factory kit.

They are 10th overall, and all of the cars in front of them are heavily modified full-on sports cars that are in a different class (SSGT1)!:

1 2 chev MTI Z-07 SSGT1 2465
Ronald Adee, John Myrick
2 4 Chevy Corvette Z06 SSGT1 2465
John Boos, Ronald Marks
3 3 RUF RGT SSGT1 2440
Gary Church, Paul Gerrard
4 1 Dodge Viper SSGT1 2425
David Zelkowski, Brian Smith
5 5 Toyota Supra Turbo SSGT1 2350
Andi Baritchi, Clint Pohler

6 6 Dodge Viper GTS SSGT1 2340
Alan Modzelewski, Tom Atherton
7 8 Porsche 996 Twin Turbo SSGT1 2330
Mark DaVia, Chuck Veth
8 20 CHEVROLET CORVETTE ZR1 SSGT1 2180
Scott Ahlgrim, Steve Ahlgrim
9 7 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 SSGT1 2175
Rodney Sizemore, Rick Sizemore
10 52 Dodge SRT-4 MidPri Sed 2075
Cory O`Brien, Erich Heuschele

There's a whole thread on the SRT4 Forums board about the SRT4 in the race:

http://www.srtforums.com/phpBB2/vie...der=asc&start=0

-B
Old 06-20-2003, 06:44 AM   #81
The Thriller
AF Newbie

I get the biggest kick out of all you people ragging on Dodge about quality (Both interior quality and parts quality)

Granted you're not gonna get a full leather interior, etc in a $20,000 Dodge Neon, that's a no-brainer. But all those talking about how the car is going to break, and what are you gonna do when the warranty is up?

Uh, by the time the warranty is up, it'll be the next DECADE already. Take note that the SRT-4 comes with 7yr/70,000 mile warranty....
Old 06-23-2003, 05:33 PM   #82
Titan
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Titan
There's a lot more to a car then just numbers from 0-60. You have style, refinement, reliability, price, handling, etc. I think generally all of us have different tastes and expectations when the entity of a car magnitides an individuals charisma. Stock for Stock in a rival between a 350z and Dodge SRT-4 may be a drivers race in straight line performance. This world is not only straight you know. Don't be narrow minded. Just my 0.5cents.

Quote:
Its pretty sad actually, all you Z freaks awaiting the arrival of the new Z, from a far away and sacred place, just to get its ass handed to it by a Neon.
Yeah, what's even worse is to visualize such beautiful women falling for the Z then the SRT-4 regardless if the Z wins or looses when it involves in a race competition.

Damian
2003 350z Enthusiast SS (future mods)
Old 06-24-2003, 02:49 PM   #83
thrashersk8r01
AF Newbie

Lightbulb Neon SRT-4

the neon just needs new tires becasus there is too much weel spin off the start. the neon would deffinately inprove in the 1/4 with new tires probally enough to beat to 350z. heres what the neon would do to the 350z with new tires.
Old 06-25-2003, 12:06 AM   #84
FlexinTwinZ
AF Newbie

Wheel Spin?

The 350Z was not built for drag racing, although it fares pretty well for a natually aspirated 6 Cyl. The 350 like the 300ZX is a Touring Car, which was built to Rival Porche on a Twisty Track, not a Straight one. The 300 and 350 were also built for comfort and Style. I'm sure Nissan can Crap a Car for under $20,000 and make it just as fast, but speed isn't everything. If you want speed, get a Big V-8. It's the cheapest and best straight line car for the buck. Now back to the original question, 350Z vs. Turbo Neon. The research says Stock vs. Stock, the Z wins just by 0.1 seconds at it's best test. Who cares how much it costs? The question never asked it. Bang for buck is the Neon, and for Style and Luxury, the Z....But the answer to the original question, the Z by only 0.1
Old 06-26-2003, 08:07 AM   #85
stangvette1
Banned

The 350Z is my pick. It will run a few tenths faster than the srt-4 neon. Plus the neon looks like CRAP!!!
Old 06-27-2003, 07:08 PM   #86
gytr660r
AF Newbie

srt 4 vs. 350z

how can you compare the srt 4 with the 350z....try comparing apples to apples...the two cars just about performe the same(if not the same the srt out on top) when the z ranges from 30k to 35k and the srt just under 20k..take that 15k you saved and put it in the car then compare them...and its not a neon, no where on the car does it say neon nor in any of the manuals, oh try turboing a z...the only one ive been able to find was in tokyo, granted it made 550 hp but what do you think that cost and the biggest trouble was getting the turbo in the car...thats my input oh it...sorry if it conflicts your opinion but if you do the research i think you will find that what i said may make sense....
Old 06-27-2003, 11:12 PM   #87
FlexinTwinZ
AF Newbie

READ THE POST

Why don't people read the original post before making stupid comments. The original question was "Will the SRT-4 neon be fast as a nissan 350z in the 1/4 mile?" That has been answered in a few tests done by independent companies and a few magazines. The answer is "350Z is slightly faster in the quarter". That's no mods, no price comparison. Who cares what's cheaper and what can you add to it to make it faster. If that's the case, take your piece of crap STANG..buy one for $2000, add 18 G's in mods and it will kill both cars, hell, even a Vette or Viper. The original question isn't being answered with the correct answer. Who cares if you can add the money you save and put it into mods. The piece of Crap "Neon", yes it's a Neon, couldn't take a corner at 20MPH, and it looks like a girls Car. But it sure runs the quarter pretty good for under 20,000. But wasn't that the original question, so please READ, then POST.
Old 06-28-2003, 07:02 PM   #88
FlexinTwinZ
AF Newbie

Idiots are still speaking...See previous post

Once again the original question was which is faster. It didn't say "Who has the best quarter mile time per dollar value. I hope whoever said they just ordered one is a girl. Cuz yes, it's a girls car. People say the new Z is ugly..a lot agree. But it isn't a "Girls" car. Most people who make the stupid arguement about pricing usually can't afford one. And please don't post B.S. like, I can afford one, I just rather have an SRT-4. I'm sure if you had that type of money, you'd probably go for the WRX STI which kills both cars named above and even the EVO 8. You're all probably right, the domestics get the better end dollar for dollar in straight lines, but what about comfort, reliability and "NOT BEING CHEAP" Compare the inside of the Z and the SRT-4 and that is no contest. Then again, I can here it now, but the Z cost 8 G's more. Who cares?
Old 06-28-2003, 08:33 PM   #89
voodooman79
Banned

Talking SRT-4

I would also like to say... all you srt haters out there... you guys can give me a rim job!
Old 06-29-2003, 02:03 AM   #90
FlexinTwinZ
AF Newbie

WAAAAAAAAA

What a Baby! WAAAAAAAAAAA. See what I mean. You want a car that can keep up with another one. What happen to being the faster car? If you think the SRT-4 is a nice car, then your standards are low. Warranty...You'll need it. Now that I think about it, you probably can't afford an SRT-4 and just want to join in on this and talk trash. You probably take the bus everywhere or ask your buddies, (if you have any) for rides. I like how you get soooo upset about it. It's probably because it's all true. I know, you'll reply with more insults that don't hold water and claim you make good money, blah blah blah, waaaa, waaah, WAAAAAAAAA. Anyone want to bet he replies with something else stupid like...Oh yeah, I can afford it more than you. You suck, WAH, Rim Job, WAH!...Just shut up!