Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Civic | CRX > '88 - '91 Civic | CRX | Wagon | Shuttlee
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
'88 - '91 Civic | CRX | Wagon | Shuttlee Partnership with: LadyNRedSi.com
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-25-2002, 08:51 PM   #1
branman_crx_guy
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to branman_crx_guy Send a message via Yahoo to branman_crx_guy
Got Bored, Started To Dream, Need Info On Dream....Screw it, just Read Me PLZ

Well, as I'm sure I've mentioned b4, I plan on doing a B16A swap within the next few months. But then I began noticing just how many B16A CRX's there are around here on Kent Island, Annapolis, and Glen Burnie, and I hate to be like everyone else. So I was thinking that a Turbo B16A would be faster and much more rare, making it all around cooler (not to mention the hissing sound). I know the basics of what I'm looking for: just 6 psi of boost (so I wont need to change any internals), a loud blow-off valve, turbo timer, boost gauge, air/fuel gauge, etc. All I dont know are the specifics: what company makes the best stuff, the sites I'd use to find it, installation costs. So if anyone can help me with this stuff at all plz feel free to post; I may not even do this if its gonna be like over 5G (including cost of installing B16a), but I would still like to know how much its gonna cost, cuz I'm leaving my options open. Thanx in advance, you guys are always soo helpful, I'd be a dirty ricer if it weren't for you guys and my bro.

PS If I missed anything else I'd need to buy/upgrade, plz let me know

Totallin My 89 CRX Si: +$2700
Buyin It Back From Insurance: -$50
Buying a 90 CRX Si: -$2200
Gettin to start over with more money and knowing i screwed insurance w/out trying: Priceless

It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or.........wait, thats been said already. On the road of life there are passengers and......no, thats been done too. Dang, all the good sayings have already been said, ohwell.

-BMan original
branman_crx_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2002, 09:21 PM   #2
toontowncivic
AF Enthusiast

well fro what i know it is pretty easy you can get a Greddy turbo kit that is for the 92-95 ex and it will fit! For a loud BOV go for the HKS super sequential BOV or the HKS RFL (really fuking loud) I found the turbo kit for 1700 canadien I don't know what that is US. The BOV's are aound 300 I think!! that is all I know! oh and you canmake your own intercooler from a semi truck intercooler! just cut it to the size you want and weld on the parts to hook up the piping too!! My friend did this and it cost him 150 dollars canadien!
If I am wrong on any of this someone correct me! It was a while ago I was looking at all of this stuff!
Old 11-25-2002, 09:30 PM   #3
branman_crx_guy
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to branman_crx_guy Send a message via Yahoo to branman_crx_guy
Thanx ToonTown. If anyone know american cost for the stuff or websites that carries them it would be greatly appreciated. Also (nothing against u ToonTown), but I was just wondering if anyone on here can confirm that Greddy Turbo for 92-95 civic ex will fit on B16a crx. Thanx and keep the info coming plz

Gettin to start over with more money and knowing i screwed insurance w/out trying: Priceless

It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or.........wait, thats been said already. On the road of life there are passengers and......no, thats been done too. Dang, all the good sayings have already been said, ohwell.

-BMan original
Old 11-25-2002, 09:37 PM   #4
GTA
Whee..

no the kit for the 92-95 ex wont. its for a D-Series engine so you would need a new turbo manifold at least. try the greddy kit for the 99 Si since its for a b series.

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution GSR
2007 Toyota Prius

I <3 and miss my 4g
GTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2002, 07:51 AM   #5
toontowncivic
AF Enthusiast

Well like I said I am not sure I could be wrong! well guess what? haha sorry about the misinfo I hought that when I called greddy they said it would work but maybe that was when I was gonna turbo the d16! oh well sorry! I was thinking and the RFL would probably be the best BOV out of the 2 if you want it to be loud! My friend has one on his 4th gen and it is insane! it doesn't just have a hole for the air is has kind of a cone on it like a horn! I guess it lives up to its name!
Old 11-26-2002, 09:17 AM   #6
91civicDXdude
AF Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to 91civicDXdude
canada! must be an exciting!!! place! it causes you to use !!! all the time!!

http://4thgencivic0.tripod.com
91civicDXdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2002, 09:46 AM   #7
branman_crx_guy
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
canada! must be an exciting!!! place! it causes you to use !!! all the time!!

LOL, good stuff. Thanx for the info 88civic DX, went to Greddy's site: $3100!!! HOly crap, way more than I was thinking it was gonna cost, so maybe i cant afford this. I was only planning on spending like $1500 on the turbo and since I only wanted a little boost (6 psi) i figured that that would be doable, but then again, i am quite uneducated when it comes to turbos. If anyone knows of any other turbos for less (but not crappy) plz let me know. Also, if anyone knows any place where i cant read up on Turbo B16's plz lemme know, so I can find out exactly everything I'll need and what will need replacing.

-BMan original
Old 11-26-2002, 09:47 AM   #8
91civicDXdude
AF Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to 91civicDXdude
turbos aren't cheap. you could go the home made route and save A LOT of money

www.homemadeturbo.com

check out that site. those guys build turbo setups for 400 dollars and other crazy shit

http://4thgencivic0.tripod.com
91civicDXdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2002, 10:06 AM   #9
branman_crx_guy
AF Enthusiast

Homeade Turbo, HA!!! I couldnt make a popsicle (misspelled, i know) stick house, let alone a turbo. Plust I'd want the name, that wat my whole car is about, big name ppl inside and outside my car (no stickers tho ). So if i cant find a cheap "real" turbo, i guess i wont worrying about turboing my car.....for now; which sux, cuz now i wont be different :-( , better go kill myself then. j/k

-BMan original
Old 11-26-2002, 10:13 AM   #10
Killa_CRX
When Civics Attack!

$3100?? Geez... is there that big if a difference between the turbo systems for d-series engine and b-series?
Cause my brother just got quoted $3000 for the greddy turbo kit on my 98 Civic INSTALLED and everything, and the guy said that even included the turbo timer and bov...
maybe he was just jacking around with my brother since my brother doesn't know jack about cars...
Old 11-26-2002, 10:30 AM   #11
91zc
AF Enthusiast

The greddy kits don't include an intercooler either. Too expensive since it doesn't even come with an IC.

Drag
Revhard
Max-rev

These all are good turbo kits that come with most everything you need except for fuel management.

Drag is about 2800 and is a complete kit although the fuel management that comes with the kit is rudimentary.
Revhard is complete except you need a filter for the compressor inlet. Same fuel management as the Drag kit.
Maxrev is complete except you need a filter, comes with DIY piping, and no fuel management. Costs about 2300. Then add fuel management. Big plus here is that it includes the tial wastegate which is much better than the deltagate that comes with the Drag and Revhard kits.

Also these kits do not include a turbo timer, boost controller, or any gauges. Turboing a car is expensive, especially for the b series motors.
91zc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2002, 10:45 AM   #12
branman_crx_guy
AF Enthusiast

Yeah, thanx for those guys. But over $5G is too much money. Since reading all ur posts I decided I'll bag the turbo temporarily but in order to stay different I'm thinking B18C (not type R). The only problem I'm having is that i cant remember any of the good jdm engine sites and www.hondamotorsonline.com is down for some reason. So if anyone can tell me some good sites i would really appreciate it. And yes, i did try searching, went through like 8 pages and couldnt find anything, and that gets to be hella boring. Thanx

PS Also, does anyone know anthing about www.flashoptions.com , because they have the whole B18C front clip w/LSD Hydro Tranny for only $2400/ b4 shipping. Here's the link , check it out and let me know if it has everything i need. Thanx again.

-BMan original
Old 11-26-2002, 11:43 AM   #13
91zc
AF Enthusiast

91zc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2002, 02:55 PM   #14
QuickSilverEF9
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to QuickSilverEF9
Good turbo for a b16a civic/crx is the fmax setup which comes with all the turbo components (interecooler, bov, turbo, mani, hoses, injectors etc. etc.) cost about $4850. Add new pistons and head work $2500. Hmm I wonder why not many people have turbo b16s? To do it right u are gonna be dropping alotta $$. If you want turbo stick with the d series or a b18a.
-JVC KDSH707 Head Unit
ON THE WAY
-2xInfinity Kappa Perfect 6.1 components
-12" Polk Momo sub
-JBL 600.1 amp
Future
-Brock B2 deep dish wheels
-Suspension.....
QuickSilverEF9 is offline   Reply With Quote