Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
View Poll Results: favorite luxury SUV
lexus rx300 3 5.66%
bmw x5 21 39.62%
acura mdx 3 5.66%
infiniti qx4 3 5.66%
mercedes G500 0 0%
lincoln navigator 1 1.89%
cadillac escalade 14 26.42%
range rover 5 9.43%
land rover discovery 0 0%
lexus LX470 3 5.66%
Porsche Cayenne 0 0%
Jeep Grand Cherokee 0 0%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-19-2003, 03:32 PM   #61
Scott 02
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Scott 02 Send a message via Yahoo to Scott 02
Thanks WakkaWu, Im glad that someone gets my point.
Old 01-19-2003, 05:01 PM   #62
BlOOe46
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to BlOOe46
Quote:
Originally posted by Porsche
I have to say the X5, not only is it a bimmer, the new 4.6is is a recent addition, which now makes IT the most powerful SUV in the world at a tidy 400 HP. Oh Yeah!
400 hp??? try ~280 hp
Old 01-19-2003, 05:15 PM   #63
BlOOe46
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to BlOOe46
btw, i think the best suv for the money is the Merc G500

normally, i despise the benz, but this suv is the ULTIMATE, the ULTIMATE, no compromises whatsoever, ultimate off road capability, and ultimate luxury . . . the G VVagon, all i have to say, where is it in this poll?

arguing about x5s and escalades, psshhh . . . G VVagon is all i have to say to u all :finger: :bandit: :alien:
Old 01-19-2003, 06:37 PM   #64
SuPeRcAr_MaN
AF Fanatic

I picked the Cadillac Escalade. Most of the others listed in the poll, like the BMW X5 and the Mercedes G500, are more sporty SUVs than luxury. The Navigator would be a close second with it's beautiful interior. But how about Isuzu? Their new SUV at the Philly Auto Show was beautiful. You guys only wanna talk about the big names, some of which aren't even luxurious.
Old 01-19-2003, 07:50 PM   #65
WakkaWu
Banned

Send a message via AIM to WakkaWu
Quote:
Escalade IMO (humble though that may be) looks like an apartment block on wheels - with similar charisma. Accurate descriptions include it being a 'ludicrous parody of itself' and not forgetting the 'rolling tribute to excessive consumption' cliche
Ummm,yea.Like I said,Escalade has ten times the looks any of your European SUVs do.European style in not just SUVs but all their vehicles look like each other.And unlike your European SUVs,the Escalade is a headturner.Very unique.

Quote:
As an example personified of what makes Euros generally superior to American cars, may I proffer to you that American interpretation/bastardisation of a quality Euro:
What makes European car superior to American cars?Oh wait,nothing.Please try to back up what you say next time so you don't make yourself look like a fool.And I'd take a Malibu over a Vectra any day.The vectra looks like a Nissan Sentra.WOW!That vectra has a whopping 136HP!!!!Damn...are they street legal?Boy would I hate to have one of those pull beside my car.Make my Caddy look like pathetic.Probably blow the doors of my Caddy.Pfft.

Someone want to tell me what a G VVagon is?Thanks
Old 01-20-2003, 08:26 AM   #66
crayzayjay
CFA

Quote:
Originally posted by Thunda Downunda

Escalade IMO (humble though that may be) looks like an apartment block on wheels - with similar charisma. Accurate descriptions include it being a 'ludicrous parody of itself' and not forgetting the 'rolling tribute to excessive consumption' cliche

As an example personified of what makes Euros generally superior to American cars, may I proffer to you that American interpretation/bastardisation of a quality Euro:

Opel Vectra vs Chevrolet Malibu
Thunda, you could not be more on the ball.

to suggest the X5 styling is plain and the Escalade is more of a looker cracks me up. But hey, it goes in keeping with the uninspired, crude and often comical styling we see in American cars
Old 01-21-2003, 01:42 PM   #67
WakkaWu
Banned

How can you say American cars have no style.They ACTUALLY get NEW body styles every 2-4 years.Your BMWs look the same they did 25 years ago.
Old 01-21-2003, 02:10 PM   #68
Scott 02
Banned

WakkaWu, your right. Seems as if american cars get new body styled every 2-4 years. Back to the X5. The BMW X5 has very little luxury. It is more of a SUV than a luxury SUV. Heck they use them X5 to do off road racing. Hmmmm i did say the X5 was more SUV right?
Old 01-21-2003, 03:06 PM   #69
crayzayjay
CFA

Quote:
Originally posted by WakkaWu
How can you say American cars have no style.They ACTUALLY get NEW body styles every 2-4 years.Your BMWs look the same they did 25 years ago.

1) Apart from trademark BMW features, these cars look nothing alike. E21 to E30 was evolution, E30 to E36 revolution. E36 to E46 was evolution and so on... do you want radical designs every two years? what about the new 7-series? Granted its not to everyone's taste but did that look like the 70's 7 series, as you are suggesting? No.

2) The "new" american bodystyles dont seem to help. The high majority of designs are uninspired and drab, and your Camaros/Firebirds all that muscle stuff looks the same as it did a couple decades ago, i.e. ugly. Not only that, they all look alike. I dont know which one it is, i think Firebird, the one with the "nostrils"... how can any country look at that car and say "yeah, we're proud to be making this"?
Old 01-21-2003, 03:16 PM   #70
Scott 02
Banned

Camaro and Firebird don't look alike.
Old 01-21-2003, 04:24 PM   #71
WakkaWu
Banned

Quote:
1) Apart from trademark BMW features, these cars look nothing alike. E21 to E30 was evolution, E30 to E36 revolution. E36 to E46 was evolution and so on... do you want radical designs every two years? what about the new 7-series? Granted its not to everyone's taste but did that look like the 70's 7 series, as you are suggesting? No.
The bodies do look the same.Put a 1980 7 Series in front of a 2003 7 Series and look at them both from the side,their bodies look exactly the same.

Quote:
2) The "new" american bodystyles dont seem to help. The high majority of designs are uninspired and drab, and your Camaros/Firebirds all that muscle stuff looks the same as it did a couple decades ago, i.e. ugly. Not only that, they all look alike. I dont know which one it is, i think Firebird, the one with the "nostrils"... how can any country look at that car and say "yeah, we're proud to be making this"?
How can you say the Firebirds and Camaros look alike?And worst,ugly?They were the best looking cars of their time.And looked nothing alike.Almost all European cars of the 60s and 70s looked like damn pacers...in other words,hideously ugly.Just disgusting little match box cars.And Europe was proud to be making those?The HOODSCOOPS just made the Firebirds look so awsome.They had mean,get the f*ck out of my way look.Just awsome looking cars.
Old 01-21-2003, 08:45 PM   #72
Scott 02
Banned

Thank you WakkaWu, i couldn't have said it better.
Old 01-21-2003, 09:27 PM   #73
WakkaWu
Banned

Old 01-21-2003, 10:08 PM   #74
YogsVR4
Funding the welfare state

Send a message via AIM to YogsVR4
Quote:

How can you say the Firebirds and Camaros look alike?And worst,ugly?They were the best looking cars of their time.And looked nothing alike.Almost all European cars of the 60s and 70s looked like damn pacers...in other words,hideously ugly.Just disgusting little match box cars.And Europe was proud to be making those?The HOODSCOOPS just made the Firebirds look so awsome.They had mean,get the f*ck out of my way look.Just awsome looking cars.
Well said. While I didn't like the looks of the firebird - it sure did stand out in a crowd.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
Old 01-22-2003, 01:13 AM   #75
Jimster
Here for the pussy, man.

Send a message via ICQ to Jimster Send a message via AIM to Jimster Send a message via Yahoo to Jimster
Quote:

What makes European car superior to American cars?Oh wait,nothing.Please try to back up what you say next time so you don't make yourself look like a fool.And I'd take a Malibu over a Vectra any day.The vectra looks like a Nissan Sentra.WOW!That vectra has a whopping 136HP!!!!Damn...are they street legal?Boy would I hate to have one of those pull beside my car.Make my Caddy look like pathetic.Probably blow the doors of my Caddy.Pfft.

bwahahahahahahahahahahah American ignorance at it's best- firstly The Vectra is 10 times superior to the Malibu- the Malibu is so fucking bland it aint funny- the Vectra actually has a few hints of character- I could mistake a Malibu for a Bus Stop- thats how boring it is- not to mention the Automatic shitfer would be enough to give you Carpel Tunnel The Vectra is also a far better driving and riding car than the Malibu- who cares if it don't have a massive engine- fuel costs its ass off in this part of the world The new 3.2GSi Vectra would blow the doors of your FWD luxo-barge

Secondly the Escalade is crap It looks like crap- It suffers the typical issue facing every single American car - it looks boring- It looks like an apartment block- I doubt it's offroad ability- as it's sole purpose is for Southside gangsters to chuck 27 Inch chromies on and cruise up and down the waterfront playing crap-ass hip-hop music *disclaimer *This probably wasn't the sole purpose- But thats how it turned out *disclaimer*

The X5 rides better than ANY American car yet alone SUV- It is smooth and drives like a 5-series (Which is awesome) It also has levels of comfort almost unheard of in any car

Also the Camaro and Firebird simply don't hold up in an aesthetics contest if you park it next to a FIAT Coupe or Peugeot 4O6 Coupe- yet alone the 3-series Coupe or CLK. A Firebird only looks good if your mullet is getting in your eyes after a night on the piss with Budweisner

Also BMW's have extrememly crisp lines and look like a luxury car should- and the thing about the 80's 7-series front end on a 2003 7 series is the biggest load of bullshit I've ever heard

I won't vote on any poll that don't include the Porsche Cayenne- by far the best SUV in every respect

2007 Audi A4 3.0 TDI Le Mans

Last edited by Jimster; 01-22-2003 at 04:17 AM.

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons