Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mazda > MX-3
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-15-2006, 04:08 PM   #1
JimR
AF Regular

just got an MX3 have a few questions

hey just got an MX3 it a 93 5spd with the little V6. i was wondering can i just the hubs from a 2nd gen Probe and upgrade to brakes calipers too. and do i have to get a dif ECU to swap my motors? just so u know i had 2 probes. one was my babe. she was a completely moded out. sold it for 11k need the $ for collage. o well. the other is my beater that need a fuel pump but i dont wasnt to drop the tank in my drive so i want the motor and any prats from it that are considerd upgrades. ex brake calipers/rotors or the radiator ect. are the trans's the same? so can i use my stage 2 clutch from my probe (still in box) on the mx3? can i use my intake maniflod from my probe? are the exhaust system the same. and are the fuel pumps the same because i have a new pump for the probe but then the mx3 cought my eye. i have not had a chance to get under the car yet ill be getting it on thursday.

could you point me it a site that sells good parts?

just so you know it cost me 2k and it has only 80k miles on it and the whole car looks like it has been babied its whole life. it is rare to find this old of a car in this condition
JimR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 11:41 AM   #2
mechExp
AF Newbie

Re: just got an MX3 have a few questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimR
hey just got an MX3 it a 93 5spd with the little V6. i was wondering can i just the hubs from a 2nd gen Probe and upgrade to brakes calipers too. and do i have to get a dif ECU to swap my motors? just so u know i had 2 probes. one was my babe. she was a completely moded out. sold it for 11k need the $ for collage. o well. the other is my beater that need a fuel pump but i dont wasnt to drop the tank in my drive so i want the motor and any prats from it that are considerd upgrades. ex brake calipers/rotors or the radiator ect. are the trans's the same? so can i use my stage 2 clutch from my probe (still in box) on the mx3? can i use my intake maniflod from my probe? are the exhaust system the same. and are the fuel pumps the same because i have a new pump for the probe but then the mx3 cought my eye. i have not had a chance to get under the car yet ill be getting it on thursday.

could you point me it a site that sells good parts?

just so you know it cost me 2k and it has only 80k miles on it and the whole car looks like it has been babied its whole life. it is rare to find this old of a car in this condition
The motors are only the same with the BLOCKS thats it every motor needs it own ECU ect tranny ect. unless the pilot breaing and mounts will fit your askin to do a full motor swap with just a motor gut the beater and pull it ALL it isnt just a drop and go swap its a lot of work but it will hold the motor in the engine bay u need the ECU for the 2.5 but just go with a KLZE set up with probe tranns but better for the mx3. mx3 parts are hard to get so look for all probe parts goto probefreak.com big forum on probes pretty much what people do or use MX6 parts same engine or mazda 323 all the same stuff. sry if u had a bad experience on this forum
mechExp is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mazda > MX-3