Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Jeep > Grand Cherokee | Grand Cherokee SRT8
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-19-2014, 04:48 PM   #1
dss56
AF Regular

2004 jeep grand cherokee heater control problem questions

My jeep grand cherokee 2004 special edition manual heat control has problems.
I bought a new used one and still the same problem.

I checked the fresh air door and seems to be in the closed position I tried to open and there is resistance so im sure it will work once i find why the mode switch the one to the right on manual control is not working.

I think there is an electrical problem on the mode sw side even when I try the fresh air position it will not move.

I checked all fuses and all are good if there is a hidden one please let me know

Problem is the fan speed control works all speeds.
temperature control works changes from heat to cold/AC

Direction/mode switch will not change any directions it is on defrost now blowing air hot or cold.
can't change to dash vents or floor vent. When I took of the old i see 2 electrical switches and the other connected to the mode switch with what looks like vacuum lines. Is this how the mode doors are changed with vacuum and would there be something I could check out to find the problem.

I have the glove compartment out and can see the mode door for the heat/cold door and the elec motor is working.

I do not see the blend door or any other doors on the air plenum.

Can someone tell me where they might be so i can check it out.

I just last month did my dodge ram 2004 blend door repair so im familiar with what might has to be done

The thing that has me puzzled is the used manual control and the vacuum lines have me puzzled.

thanks for any help
dss56 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Jeep > Grand Cherokee | Grand Cherokee SRT8