Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan 350Z/370Z | Infiniti G35/G37 Coupe
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Nissan 350Z/370Z | Infiniti G35/G37 Coupe Includes the VQ35DE, VQ37VHR - Z33 and Z34.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-16-2004, 03:30 AM   #1
Zgringo
AF Fanatic

350Z 35th Year

I don't know if anyone has seen it yet but here's the new 350Z 35th year. Comes with a 300HP NA engine and 18" wheels. Might help in kickin some butt, plus it has a modified supension for super handling, plus a few other goodies. There was one of the proto type VK45DETT on display also in Vegas.

Last edited by Zgringo; 11-16-2004 at 09:32 AM.
Zgringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 08:28 AM   #2
otter7467
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to otter7467 Send a message via Yahoo to otter7467
Re: 350Z 35th Year

That kinda shoots down my plan of painting my car yellow so it would be different. Do you know if the wheels are light weights or just that standard heavy stuff.

04 350Z-Sold
04 Envoy-Sold
03 Gixxer-Sold
otter7467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 09:31 AM   #3
Zgringo
AF Fanatic

Re: Re: 350Z 35th Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by otter7467
That kinda shoots down my plan of painting my car yellow so it would be different. Do you know if the wheels are light weights or just that standard heavy stuff.
We couldn't even take cameras in. I wanted to molest one but couldn't get within 4' of them. As for the wheels I'd guess (only a guess) they are lighter as the supension is highly modified, as is the price.
Old 11-17-2004, 12:12 PM   #4
EvoCrazy
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to EvoCrazy

God, that thing looks nice. Black would look good on it.
Old 11-20-2004, 10:37 AM   #5
JCCR
AF Enthusiast

Wow A 13hp Increase!!!!! And Thats Probably Going To Cost About 3k More. I Still Think Nissan Could Of Done Alot Better!!!

The 300zxtt Is Still A Better Car!! I Had The New 350z Perforamance Model And I Like My 300zxtt Better.
JCCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 06:53 PM   #6
Zgringo
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCCR
Wow A 13hp Increase!!!!! And Thats Probably Going To Cost About 3k More. I Still Think Nissan Could Of Done Alot Better!!!

The 300zxtt Is Still A Better Car!! I Had The New 350z Perforamance Model And I Like My 300zxtt Better.
Tell us how Nissan could have made it better. As a owner of both the 300ZX Z32, Z31 and 350Z, and you as a previous owner of a 350Z please give us some feedback, as I have some contact with them and would be happy to give them some feedback, if it would do any good.
You must have really had a bad experience with your 350 to be welling to take such a loss in by selling it so soon. I find it interesting someone would sell a new car and go back to a model 13 years old.
Old 11-21-2004, 07:30 PM   #7
k3smostwanted
Z Cars Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to k3smostwanted
i like the 300zx more than the 350z. but i understand what nissan was doing. in order to make a car cheaper they must slack on few things. the 300zx was not slacked on at all, that is the reason for it being so highly expensive. i think they cost 45-50k in 1990. that would be comparable to a $75k car in todays world. personally the only reason i dont like the 350z is the styling compared to the 300zx which is subjective. the engine is marvelous, i like the interior eventhough it kinda looks cheaper. i think in order to keep prices down, nissan couldnt add a TT set-up to it. they couldnt design a different engine specifically for the car. they couldnt add new 4-wheel steering systems. just my .
ZedEx Crew Member #4
k3smostwanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 08:13 PM   #8
JCCR
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Tell us how Nissan could have made it better. As a owner of both the 300ZX Z32, Z31 and 350Z, and you as a previous owner of a 350Z please give us some feedback, as I have some contact with them and would be happy to give them some feedback, if it would do any good.
You must have really had a bad experience with your 350 to be welling to take such a loss in by selling it so soon. I find it interesting someone would sell a new car and go back to a model 13 years old

ME LIKING THE Z32TT OVER THE NEW Z IS JUST MY OPINION! THE 350Z THAT I PREVIOUSLY OWNED WAS THE PERFORMANCE MODEL. ITS A GOOD Z (WITH TRANY PROBLEMS) BUT TO HAVE ONLY 287HP COME ON.... EVERY OTHER NEW CAR OUT THERE IS MAKING THE SAME OR MORE POWER FOR THE SAME PRICE TAG. (WRX STI, EVO, NEW MUSTANG,) BUT MY POINT IS THAT IS NOT MAKING THE HP THAT IT DESERVES. IF IT WAS MAKING AROUND 350HP IN STOCK FORM THAN IT WOULD OF BEEN A DIFERENT STORY.
THE INTERIOR ALSO LOOKS CHEAP COMPARE THE Z32TT.

I THINK AND I COULD BE WRONG BUT ITS EASIER TO UPGRADE A TURBOCHARGE CAR THAN AN N/A.
NOT SAYING THAT THE Z32TT IS BETTER THAN THE 350Z IN EVERY WAY. LOOK AT THE GT500 EVERY 350Z USED THE VQ30DETT WHY DIDNT THEY USED THE VQ35DE? WHAT! NOT GOOD ENOUGHT? THE NEW Z LOOKS FAST BUT NOT FAST ENOUGHT. AND KNOW NISSAN COMES OUT WITH 350Z MAKING 300HP! IT STILL NOT MAKING THE HP THAT THE 350Z DESERVES.

WITH $600 MY Z32TT GAINS UP TO 60HP
WITH OVER $3000 THE 350Z GAINS AROUND 60HP

THE NEW Z WILL NEVER COMPARE TO THE Z32!
JCCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 09:16 PM   #9
VQuick
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCCR
BUT TO HAVE ONLY 287HP COME ON.... EVERY OTHER NEW CAR OUT THERE IS MAKING THE SAME OR MORE POWER FOR THE SAME PRICE TAG. (WRX STI, EVO, NEW MUSTANG,).
To be fair, the vehicles you mentioned hit the market well after the Z33. Now Nissan has bumped up the power to be more competitive. Another thing to remember is that the vehicles you mentioned are pretty much halo cars for their respective companies. The Z is not Nissan's halo car(it is until the GT-R arrives), but rather a midrange offering.

Quote:
BUT MY POINT IS THAT IS NOT MAKING THE HP THAT IT DESERVES. IF IT WAS MAKING AROUND 350HP IN STOCK FORM THAN IT WOULD OF BEEN A DIFERENT STORY.
The VQ35DE simply can't produce that kind of power. Not because the engine is weak, but because of emissions regulations. The engine is really capable of 450hp or more. The production 3.5L can't produce much more than 300hp while still following the regs. Blame the gov't, not Nissan.

Don't be surprised if the Z34 is a '400Z' or something. There's already a VQ40DE, and the next Infiniti G is rumored to have a VQ41DE with 325hp. Who knows, Nissan might be able to get more out of it for the Z.

Quote:
LOOK AT THE GT500 EVERY 350Z USED THE VQ30DETT WHY DIDNT THEY USED THE VQ35DE? WHAT! NOT GOOD ENOUGHT?
The VQ30DETT would make more torque than a VQ35DE.

Quote:
THE NEW Z WILL NEVER COMPARE TO THE Z32!
It isn't supposed to. The Z33 is supposed to go back to the true roots of the Z: a relatively cheap and lightweight normally aspirated coupe, not an expensive turbocharged technological wonder/pseudo halo car with four wheel steering.
VQuick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 10:35 PM   #10
k3smostwanted
Z Cars Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to k3smostwanted
Re: Re: Re: 350Z 35th Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by VQUICK
It isn't supposed to. The Z33 is supposed to go back to the true roots of the Z: a relatively cheap and lightweight normally aspirated coupe, not an expensive turbocharged technological wonder/pseudo halo car with four wheel steering.
i like the way you put that. couldnt have said it better myself.

but this is very true. nissan wanted to make money with the new Z. and lots of it. and they have succeeded by keeping the z33 affordable for the average joe.
ZedEx Crew Member #4
k3smostwanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 12:34 AM   #11
Zgringo
AF Fanatic

Re: Re: Re: Re: 350Z 35th Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by k3smostwanted
i like the way you put that. couldnt have said it better myself.

but this is very true. nissan wanted to make money with the new Z. and lots of it. and they have succeeded by keeping the z33 affordable for the average joe.
Very true. I was giving one of the first 240Z's by Datsun to race, SN# 0 and it had no title as it was never to be street driven. It was Datsun's poor man's sport car and did fine. By the time the Zed32 came along Nissan was in money problems and trying to survive and sales were down and chose to discontinue the Zed32. Now they went back to their basic plan of putting a Zed in a price range that's competitive with todays cars and still have a good performing car, and have done a pretty good at that.
If Nissan wants which I'm sure there thinking about they could built a car NOTHING outside the exotics could touch, but right now are trying to survive and keep the company in the black.
They have dropped their A35 VH45 indy engine program for money reasons, not cause it wasn't a winner and have turned it over to private groups to keep alive.
The Zed32 in it's day was one of the top car ever to hit the American shores, and today is still one of the most beautiful cars around, but the engine is being put to it's max to keep up with the modern technology and doing a pretty good job of doing it, but time is it's enemy, and each year with new developments puts a strain on it a little more, but it's looks well always be there. Like a beautiful woman, she's always beautiful.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan 350Z/370Z | Infiniti G35/G37 Coupe