Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Del Sol
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-11-2006, 08:09 PM   #16
94SolGrl
Honda GODDESS/Global Mod

Send a message via AIM to 94SolGrl Send a message via MSN to 94SolGrl
Re: del sol suspension??

Quote:
Originally Posted by b16adelsol
i see... can u send me a link of what the Omnipower should look like? and do you think i should look for one that comes with everything needed or just buy it parts and put it together?
Depends.. if you have the cash, I would get a complete setup, cause honestly, you'll end up spending more if you piece it together. And also, the ones that are sold as a setup are tested and proven to work together. IE Omnipower or Tein KNOWS that their complete setup will work, and work well. But if you put Tein springs on no name shocks, or put no name springs on Omnipower shocks, you might get good results (as good as the complete setup), you might get a worse result, or you may get a better result... I like buying it all put together. Makes it easier in the end.

HOW TO POST PICS!
94SolGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 11:50 AM   #17
Mattiosmaximos
AF Newbie

Wow I think I just learned everything I needed to know about shocks and springs. I had the same question, but I think I'm going to go with the cheaper tokico shock/spring package new off e-bay for 350.00 with the
1.75" drop and a set of 16" rims. I don't think they will rub.
Plus I don't race.
Thanks for the knowledge solgirl.
I have a sol, it might be small and black but atleast I have one.93 DelSol si,Black,Black and red interior theme,Cold air, 4-2-1 header, hpreacing chip mod, HP sp wires, short shifter, clear corner lights, Greddy evo2 exhaust package, soon wheels, tires, struts, springs and stuff.
[i m g]http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/we...ZkMzF5NTQx.jpg[/i m g]
Mattiosmaximos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 03:48 PM   #18
94SolGrl
Honda GODDESS/Global Mod

Send a message via AIM to 94SolGrl Send a message via MSN to 94SolGrl

That's what I'm here for. Appreciate you reading up rather than making a new thread.

HOW TO POST PICS!
94SolGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 12:07 AM   #19
Makalibus
AF Newbie

Thumbs up Re: del sol suspension??

This thread has helped me out alot thanks.
I don't do any autocross. Maybe in the future. Do you think strut bars and or sway bars would be a waste and a waste of money on my car? It will probably stay N/A for some time. If not what would be a good setup?
I was thinking front strut bar and maybe a rear sway...
I have a Tokico suspension kit <came with springs and there blues> i am going to be putting on this next week with a buddy of mine.
Makalibus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 12:16 AM   #20
Mattiosmaximos
AF Newbie

I put sway bars in the engine bay and trunk but not behind the seats. I noticed when cornering at 60+ mph the car didn't rock as much as before so I was happy. I still havn't got around to puting the shocks and springs on yet, you will probably be happy with the upgrade even if you don't plan on racing. It does cut the trunk space down alot! The bars where easy to install and look sweet. Now to try and fix the leaky trunk and roof. ahhhhhhh
I have a sol, it might be small and black but atleast I have one.93 DelSol si,Black,Black and red interior theme,Cold air, 4-2-1 header, hpreacing chip mod, HP sp wires, short shifter, clear corner lights, Greddy evo2 exhaust package, soon wheels, tires, struts, springs and stuff.
[i m g]http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/we...ZkMzF5NTQx.jpg[/i m g]
Mattiosmaximos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 12:29 AM   #21
Makalibus
AF Newbie

You didn't put any strut bars on than? I already dont have much trunk space due to my sub box with 2 10's in it. So a rear sway might not fit i would have to look more into that i guess.
Edit: Did you have to take out the targa top rack enable to have the rear sway bar?
Makalibus is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Del Sol