Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse/Talon/Laser > Engine, Transmission and Drivetrain
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Engine, Transmission and Drivetrain Discuss Engine, Transmission, Drivetrain, and all other performance modifications here.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-10-2013, 04:25 PM   #1
SoCA08Altima
Banned

1999 Eclipse Spyder Auto tranny problem (PLEASE HELP)

My dad owns a 1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder with the 2.4 auto transmission. After he bought it he noticed that the car was not going into overdrive. He took it to a transmission shop and they rebuilt the transmission. ($1,800). The car was fine for about 6 months.

The car would shift eraticly from gear to gear...he took it back to the shop...they replaced the solenoids in the transmission and they installed new input and output sensors as well. (another $650) The car was fine for maybe 2 weeks. Now, the car wont shift at all. He took it back to the shop..and they said he needs a new pcu for the car and that electrical parts are not under warranty that they replaced.

He contacts a guy local to him to swap out the tcm...no change.
I got him a good known pcu off of ebay...no change.

I removed a complete valve body from a Mitsubishi gallant with solenoids. (still no change).

The car is stuck in 2nd gear.

I did notice...that there is no power going to the connector at the valve body.

Can I run a wire to the fuse block that's under the hood that has power only when the key is on?

This car has been a nightmare for him. If anyone wants to contact me directly, text my cell (626) 253-5641. I'm open for any ideas as his car has given me headaches too.

He took his car to a Mitsubishi dealer and they said it was an internal problem of the transmission....I think that's bullshit.
They found some trouble codes......P1750, P0110, P0150, 83, 84, 43 It says that it requires a teardown and hydraulic pressure check all seals and case.

I know this transmission is a known problem...I've seen other horror stories online....but never seem to see an answer to the fix.

Please help us with this problem.

Ron
Ontario, California

Last edited by SoCA08Altima; 05-10-2013 at 05:22 PM. Reason: Forgot to add trouble codes that the dealer found
SoCA08Altima is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse/Talon/Laser > Engine, Transmission and Drivetrain