Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse/Talon/Laser > Engine, Transmission and Drivetrain
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Engine, Transmission and Drivetrain Discuss Engine, Transmission, Drivetrain, and all other performance modifications here.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-01-2012, 02:28 PM   #1
violent31601
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to violent31601
couple of really quick questions about my engine

first what is area one in the picture and why would oil be leaking out of it (very slowly)

also is there supposed to be something connected to it?

#2 has been hooked to it for about 7 years (or as long as i've had my car) but ever other picture I see a tube is coming off of it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0509.jpg (110.6 KB, 7 views)
Old 07-01-2012, 10:54 PM   #2
LouieAWDTSi
AF Enthusiast

Re: couple of really quick questions about my engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by violent31601 View Post
first what is area one in the picture and why would oil be leaking out of it (very slowly)

also is there supposed to be something connected to it?

#2 has been hooked to it for about 7 years (or as long as i've had my car) but ever other picture I see a tube is coming off of it.
It originally had a hose on it that ran back into the stock intake pipe that is connected to the turbo and air filter. I'm guessing you have an aftermarket hard intake pipe coming off your turbo tot the air filter; and someone put a tiny 'breather filter' on the valve cover. It eventually fills up with oil and sprays all over your engine bay.

Still confused? This explains in better and provides you with a product that solves your issue. http://www.extremepsi.com/store/prod...cat=731&page=1

--the DD-->99 ACURA 3.2 TL

--Sold 92TSi AWD, 6-bolt, auto, evo 3 gt turbo with supporting mods
LouieAWDTSi is offline   Reply With Quote