Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars)
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars) The original Z cars - ones that started it all.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 01:15 AM   #1
skippygozoom
AF Newbie

I should probably know this already....

Hopefuly this is not to stupid of a question.
I looked through this forum a bit though and couldnt find the answer.

My question is: Can you put a turbo on the stock L28E in a '79 2+2?
If so what all is involved in doing so?

Thanks for any responses.
skippygozoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 11:01 PM   #2
Hodo
AF Enthusiast

Re: I should probably know this already....

Unfortantly not without some modifications.... I belive the L28 has a different radiator and oil piping for the turbo model. Now it can be done... pretty easy I have seen it done, but I am not going to say its going to be cheap. But if you have a good L28E keep it that way unless you are SURE you know EXACTLY what you are doing.

Hodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 10:49 AM   #3
ZXdriver
AF Newbie

Re: I should probably know this already....

It can be done but its easier to get a turbo engine than making your engine turbo, you need these basic parts- turbo, turbo ecu, wiring harness, exhaust mani, downpipe, knock sensor, crank angle sensor, turbo dist., bcdd and the other part near it-cant think of the name right now bigger exhaust, turbo injectors...the extra oil fittings by the oil filter, turbo afm, turbos also had special intake mani., your gearing would be wrong too so might as well get a 3.545 differential...so you can see its a lot easier to get a whole package rather than pieces. I have a complete turbo motor hanging on an engine stand at my house which I got for 250 bucks. Bought in pieces I would imagine it would be a grand or more. Given the look of the 2x2, I would say sell it and use that money to get a 2 seat 280zxt. Then you can look good going faster
SAMSUNG-SGH-A707/1.0 SHP/VPP/R5 NetFront/3.3 SMM-MMS/1.2.0 profile/MIDP-2.0 configuration/CLDC-1.1 UP.Link/6.3.1.20.06.3.1.20.0

Last edited by ZXdriver; 09-18-2009 at 09:03 AM.
ZXdriver is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars)