Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Opel/Vauxhall > Commodore/VS/VT/VX
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 05:18 AM   #1
spudz1
AF Newbie

VR Calais Cruise Control Problems

I am having problems with the cruise control on my VR Calais. Sometimes the cruise will not turn on at all and then I will be driving along and the green ON light will suddenly light up and it works fine for a bit. I can hear the relay clicking on & off behind the dash when I hit the ON button.

I see that there is a module on the RHS of the engine bay that looks like it has something to so with cruise. Can I pull off that plug and reseat it without losing any other settings (does it control other things too)?

Any help appreciated.
spudz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 03:53 PM   #2
Club327
AF Newbie

Re: VR Calais Cruise Control Problems

Hi. The wires inside the cruise control stalk are very fine and break very easily. Usually, if there's a wire breakage, the stalk will need to be 'flicked to indicate' whilst pressing the faulty cruise control mode. If the cruise control responds to the movement in the indicator stalk, then you have just confirmed that the stalk is defective. You could esily replace it, or if you're cluey enough, you could pull it apart and find the wire breakage (using a multimeter) and fix it. Good luck
Club327 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Opel/Vauxhall > Commodore/VS/VT/VX