Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Graphic Manipulation
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Graphic Manipulation Post and discuss different automotive art works- photoshopped, 3d graphics, and hand-drawn.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-31-2002, 11:08 AM   #1
flyonthewall
Car Mod guy

Send a message via ICQ to flyonthewall
Photoshop Troubles

There seems to be a glitch with my copy of PS7. Whenever i now go into edit menu and try to alter any of the prefernces, the program just selects the eye dropper tool and freezes . It also does the same thing when i do edit/fill????????

Has anyone come across this and know how to sort it out?

Thanx!
flyonthewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2002, 11:46 AM   #2
Si 2 Si
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to Si 2 Si Send a message via AIM to Si 2 Si Send a message via Yahoo to Si 2 Si
Try reinstalling. Sounds like a bug that probably occured during the install.
Old 07-31-2002, 01:54 PM   #3
flyonthewall
Car Mod guy

Done that, twice! Still happening
Old 07-31-2002, 03:18 PM   #4
boingo82
Can't polish a turd.

Probably conflicting with some other software then. Run Norton WinDoctor, if you have it. What Windows are you using?
Old 07-31-2002, 05:30 PM   #5
flyonthewall
Car Mod guy

Quote:
Probably conflicting with some other software then. Run Norton WinDoctor, if you have it. What Windows are you using?
This could be very likely, i run Win 98 and recently installed Corel Draw 10. Ive not used PS for a while, only after CD10 was installed - what should do? I dont have Windoctor.
Old 07-31-2002, 06:28 PM   #6
flyonthewall
Car Mod guy

I've now tried uninstalling Corel Draw, reinstalling PS7 again and also installed the trial version of PS6 to see if that might help but the same thing happens to that when i go into preferences and click on any of the options... Now i'm ready to kill someone...wheres the shotgun?:aug2:
Old 07-31-2002, 07:13 PM   #7
boingo82
Can't polish a turd.

Honestly, I had Win98 and I started getting so many conflicts that NOTHING would work, another program would stop working each day. Upgraded to XP about 2 1/2 weeks ago and everything works, no more problems. The thing is, even after you uninstall something, traces of the program can remain on your system and screw things up. Also try www.download.com and search for Windoctor, there might be a trial version that could help. Failing that I would say upgrade to XP ($99) (NOT 2000 or ME). If you're not interested in spending money right now you may want to just rebuild your system.
Old 08-01-2002, 04:15 AM   #8
flyonthewall
Car Mod guy

Ok thanks, i'll look into this. So wot does Windoctor do and how do i use it?
Old 08-01-2002, 02:38 PM   #9
boingo82
Can't polish a turd.

It's part of the Norton Utilities package. What it does, is a one-button checkup of your system. It scans the registry for invalid entries and fixes them. It scans for invalid shortcuts and general application problems. There are other things it checks for too that I can't think of right now. It can't fix everything, but it can definitely help. The Norton Utilities package also includes Anti-Virus, and some other features that enable you to backup your programs. Basically, if you have a program that's working, back it up, and then if it starts crashing, you can restore from the backup and it'll usually work again. (If it doesn't it's because of Windows or another program.) The other advice I could give you is to minimize the number of applications running in your system tray, as these all consume memory and can cause problems. For example, both RealPlayer and Winamp put icons in your system tray for easy startup. Basically this means that some of the program resources are running all the time, just in case you open RealPlayer or Winamp. If you disable these icons you will see improved performance.
Old 08-01-2002, 09:02 PM   #10
BeEfCaKe
AF Enthusiast

I'm dualbooting Win2k and 98SE on this system, and got WinME on my other system. On both, I can run PS7 with no problems... I also got Coreldraw10 on the systems, no conflicts whatsoever, I can run both at the same time... work in both...

98SE i'd say is probably the best Windows(fast, reliable)... I have used XP and I'd say its a waste of space, sure some things are made easier for use... but it is noticeably slower, and i just can't stand that ugly GUI that almost all XP users use(yes i know u can use the old GUI)... my second choice would be win2k...

To clean up obsolete registry entries, you don't even need norton, the only useful thing is antivirus, all the other programs are literally SHIT. Microsoft actually has its own Registry Cleaner program(782kb), works very well for me.. you can probably find it at the microsoft site.. if you can't find it... just tell me here... and i'll send it to you...
BeEfCaKe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2002, 04:13 AM   #11
flyonthewall
Car Mod guy

Well now i have downloaded the 30 day trial of NU and it has had no effect on the PS7 problem.
Old 08-05-2002, 10:02 PM   #12
BeEfCaKe
AF Enthusiast

This copy of PS7 u have... is it the original copy? or did u *cough* download/burnt it? cause if u really bought it... then just ask tech support or something...

if its the latter, then just go download another one or get another copy...
BeEfCaKe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2002, 04:44 AM   #13
flyonthewall
Car Mod guy

Its a copy i got with the help of Kazaa. It worked fine before and i dont understand why its not working after a reinstall. It took 4 days to download and im not sure i can be bothered with that again!
Old 08-06-2002, 10:45 AM   #14
Pennzoil GT-R
AF Enthusiast

ahhh, i had the same problem wen kazaa helped me get a copy of PS7 too. we probably have the same version and the same bug. when you install it, its the way you extract it that counts, you just open winzip (dont extract anything). click the setup file and extract that only, and then click the setup file. it will sort the others out itself and should work fine.
Old 08-06-2002, 01:38 PM   #15
flyonthewall
Car Mod guy

Quote:
Originally posted by Pennzoil GT-R
ahhh, i had the same problem wen kazaa helped me get a copy of PS7 too. we probably have the same version and the same bug. when you install it, its the way you extract it that counts, you just open winzip (dont extract anything). click the setup file and extract that only, and then click the setup file. it will sort the others out itself and should work fine.
Sounds promising but im confused! I dont understand how i extract the setup file without extracting all of the downloaded file.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Graphic Manipulation