Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General > Legal Issues > General Issues
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
General Issues General legal automotive problem discussions
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-08-2012, 07:41 PM   #1
InsuranceHelp
AF Newbie

Post Do I NEED Insurance?

I live in the UK. If I don't insure my big 4x4, can I still drive it legally?

I am insured on a little Ford Fiesta, the insurance on this car covers me with 3rd party liability coverage for driving other cars.

SO... Can I just insure the Fiesta, not insure the big expensive 4x4 and still drive it legally? Or does it have to be insured on its own too?

Thank you for your help, please only answer if you live in or know about UK insurance law.
InsuranceHelp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 10:22 PM   #2
phipps
AF Regular

In Ohio you have to have insurance on all vehicles you drive on the road. Not sure of your laws but I suspect it would be similar. Call your insurance company, they'll be able to tell you.
phipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 01:47 PM   #3
iphoneandchevy1
AF Newbie

Re: Do I NEED Insurance?

We cannot deny the fact on how important a car insurance is. I believe the rates all depend on your car's year, make and model. I suggest you openly discuss this with your current insurance or to those whom you're inquiring on. That way you could be able to avail of the insurance depending on what situation you're in. Good luck!
iphoneandchevy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 05:41 AM   #4
MarkHenry012
AF Newbie

Driving a vehicle on a road or in a public place without at least 3rd party insurance is illegal in UK and also in its simplest sense, Car insurance is smart planning - planning that can help protect you from potentially expensive and unexpected surprises.
Old 09-03-2013, 11:01 PM   #5
Ontiveros
AF Newbie

Yes but we can't deny the fact that even though he knew about insurance and probably how important it is, he posted the question here. I think that you need insurance because it's like that in many other countries.
Ontiveros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 07:59 PM   #6
lectraplayer
AF Regular

Since he has parasitic insurance, I imagine he is covered. However, he would be an idiot to not insure that Tonka Toy. Wouldn't he be about ready to kill that nut job in the donk that just T-boned his nice, shiny (or muddy) four-wheeler he has mortgaged for £1500 a month. Properly insured, this would be a minor annoyance just barely above the cable being out. Improperly insured, and you would be easier and better to just smash the other driver's head in with a sledgehammer (and you don't want to do that).
lectraplayer is offline   Reply With Quote