Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > McLaren > F1
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-17-2015, 09:17 PM   #1
rusty_99
AF Newbie

best chance to see an f1

First post! Woot!

I live near Toronto, Canada and I was wondering what my chances were of seeing an F1 in person. Just doing some quick searching I was able to find out that Lawrence Stroll has a GTR that he sometimes brings to Mont Tremblant. When was the last time this happened and what kind of event was it, private or open to the public? Does he still have the car and would I get a chance this summer?

In general, what's the best way to know when someone will bring the car to a show? (either an individual or a company like BMW USA who I also hear has one)

Cheers
rusty_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 02:12 PM   #2
Paulthagerous
AF Regular

Re: best chance to see an f1

Welcome Rusty!

I take it you haven't seen one in person yet, they really are stunning when you do get the chance! This is how I saw my 2 (at the same time): http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul....php?t=1112051

Keeping an eye out on the forums here is a good start: you will hear about anything big coming up from people on here. Also, following local McLaren Dealers on Facebook could help - my local (still 350 miles away) one posted when they had a P1 on display for the day. I know there is a Mclaren Vancouver Facebook page, and I realise that is many many miles away from Toronto but if they are the closest Canadian one they might have news that helps you Long Island Sports Cars are a Mclaren Dealer based in NYC, so they might be a good one to keep an eye on as well.

This page is run by a big F1 fan, also a good one to follow :
https://www.facebook.com/mclf1

Good luck and happy hunting! It is worth it when you finally see one!
Paulthagerous is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Paulthagerous For This Useful Post:
Champ1onBT (01-04-2016)

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > McLaren > F1