Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Chevelle
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
View Poll Results: should chevy make muscle cars again ?
yes 109 78.99%
no 29 21.01%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-22-2003, 03:26 PM   #16
Jay Mack
AF Newbie

A new CHevelle?

Have you seen the new GTO? It's an absolute dog. It looks like a japanee hatchback. It's an atrocity. No one who actually likes Chevelles would want Chevy to make one. It would be better if the Japanese made one. GM is WAY too messed up in their thinking to make a Chevelle.
Old 10-24-2003, 11:47 AM   #17
WHITE LIGHTING
AF Newbie

Send a message via MSN to WHITE LIGHTING
Angry Re: would you agree with chevy to make a 2005 chevelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by termitesgraffix
instead of loosing the camero, they should have gone back to the late 70 early 80 body style with a twist. then i believe noone would have lost interest in them. but yea i'll buy a chevelle if they come back out. oh yea. ONLY!!!! if they look somewhat like the oldies. none of this new crap like what they did to the malibu... that isn't a malibu nor a chevelle... looks like a cavalier. bah. my 77 malibu will eat any new malibu. when i see them i laugh and say "that's not a malibu" "poser"

OH MY GOD ALL OF YOU GUYS THAT ARE SAYING NO WHATS WRONG WITH YOU! MAN PONTIAC EVEN IS BRINGING OUT A NEW MUSCLE CAR THE GTO MAN CHEVYS GOTTA DO SOMTHING AND CHEVELLE I THINK IS IT ALL YOU GUYS THAT SAY NO NEED TO GIVE YOUR HEAD A SHAKE
Old 10-27-2003, 08:14 PM   #18
KrazyKarl02
AF Newbie

new GTO

while I agree the looks of the new GTO are not my favorite, you do have to respect GM for bringing the GTO back with a car that has a V8 and is RWD. I mean they brought the Impala back and it was kind of cool, then they made it into a front wheel drive POS!!! Now also the price on the damn GTO is 34k+ !!! Little too high for my blood! Now if they made an affordable Chevelle that was rear wheel drive, had a V8, and was not too bad looking I would be all for it, what I would be against is another Chevette!
Old 10-29-2003, 07:13 PM   #19
chaditotx
AF Newbie

Vinyl floor covering.... vinyl or fabric seats (no leather), arm actuated climate control (windows no power), 5 speed trannys and monster swaybars, wide steelies, no radio. Keep it under 3,500lbs with a nasty v8 and no two tone paint, just stripe options. (toss in a blower too) SWEEET!
Old 10-29-2003, 08:14 PM   #20
TorinoGT69
Automotive Master

Send a message via MSN to TorinoGT69
It would be real easy to produce a new chevelle. The GTO and chevelle were based on the same platform back in the day so why not now? All they would have to do is some slight body and interior changes and they would have a chevelle. Then they could do a performance version and call it the ss. Also the base chevelle would have to cheaper than the GTO. It would a great replacement for the camaro because SSR is a joke.

Last edited by TorinoGT69; 10-29-2003 at 09:06 PM.
Old 11-02-2003, 03:14 PM   #21
83_Z28
AF Newbie

Send a message via MSN to 83_Z28
it probably couldn't be affordable to where a teenager could buy, be very expincive id imagine but they could make it a nice muscle car of today
Old 11-24-2003, 02:22 PM   #22
leinad_69_chevelle
AF Newbie

Fuck_no

I dont thoink they should.....what would it look like anyway.... a fucking peace of plastic with a freaking computer in it......Without thinking how much it would cost us....
Old 11-24-2003, 02:37 PM   #23
SniperX13
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via Yahoo to SniperX13
Re: Fuck_no

it would be nice if they could do this.... I would love to find a new car, lots of power, for almost dirt cheap. I mean, in 1969, a fully loaded Z28 Camaro cost a little over 5 grand..... so, going by those guidelines, it would be nice to see a muscle car with lots of power for around 20,000 - 26,000.
Old 11-25-2003, 12:26 PM   #24
ra11585643
AF Enthusiast

Re: would you agree with chevy to make a 2005 chevelle

How bout instead of a Chevelle a all new bread and call it a Corvelle. Combine the vete and chevelle for an all new look and power. Hotter and faster than the camero, cheaper than the vette.
Old 11-25-2003, 12:29 PM   #25
ra11585643
AF Enthusiast

Uh huh, I saw some eyebrows go up ! Ok, guys get to gether and tell GM what you want. If enough get on that train Chevy can make it happen.
Old 12-03-2003, 12:41 PM   #26
HighwayChile
AF Newbie

wont happen will not happen.. its gonna be the same dam thing as Dodge's Charger they were going to make a couple years back.. And if they did make them come back (muscle cars that is) dont just throw the muscle car name on them like dodge did with their 80s chargers. I think GM can do a much better job in the evolution of muscle cars unlike Dodge but i just dont think it will go down
Old 12-05-2003, 03:37 PM   #27
9ball
AF Regular

They'd be in a real pickle if they tried to bring it back. I think Pontiac actually did a good job with the new GTO because it embodies everything that was great about the GTO without trying to be too retro. I know that if GM puts out a modern Chevelle there will be one crowd that will say "Hey, it doesn't even look like a Chevelle" and another that will say "Okay, it looks stupid because they tried to imitate an old style and how will they possibly redesign it in the future (new thunderbird, new beetle)" If they bring out a nice looking RWD, V8 coupe and offer it with a manual transmission then I'm all for it. I'm not all for it if they take an old style and smooth off some of the lines and sell it as a retro model.
Old 12-07-2003, 07:27 AM   #28
ra11585643
AF Enthusiast

look at a 1964 Chevelle and then look at a 1970 Chevelle, did they look the same? You could not expect a 2005 Chevelle to look like the earily models. I say since the styles have changed so much over the years change it all. Make a new Chevy go fast car and give it a new name too.
Old 12-07-2003, 09:41 AM   #29
ChevelleDude
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to ChevelleDude
Hell yeah they need to bring back the Chevelle. However, I would not want to see one that looks like some sorta souped up rice car. they need to make it look like the old ones. Im talkin the 1970 chevelle SS 454 or any of those types, preferably 68-72. Any of those years were great for chevelles. It needs to have a big block V6 or V8 and none of those bogus extras that take away from the engine. People can role up their own windows and move their own seats. Bring back the chevelle!!!
Old 12-07-2003, 09:42 AM   #30
ChevelleDude
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to ChevelleDude

Bring Back The Camaro!!!!!!

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Chevelle