Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Aveo
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 06:13 PM   #1
michaelodonnell123
AF Newbie

My 2007 Aveo vs. the competition

I paid about 12.5K for my 2007 Aveo. I made sure I had only a two options: air conditioning and upgraded wheels [15 inch aluminum wheels] and that's it. Here why it beats out the competition. All the other cars have nothing but stupid problems all the time. My friends Buick Park Avenue 'electric trunk' does not close - the motor went bad and the trunk does not close anymore. What a stupid option that was. I don't have that problem. My cousins Toyota Prius keeps shutting down because it thinks its out of gas - even though its half full. I don't have that problem. My co-workers new Nissan FX has a leaking sunroof - I don' t have that problem. My buddies Jaguar convertible top no longer opens right- its stuck halfway. I don't have that problem. My girlfriends 4 door Honda Accord is not as roomy as my Aveo and no mp3 player. My buddies New Cadillac is a pain in the ass to drive [too much car] and a headache to park. My cousins new Volkswagan Passat is expensive and has been in the shop twice for mechanical problems. All the cars are expensive and headaches. They are not worth it. I don't have any of these problems. I paid half less then most of these cars and I have a better warranty, more room, better MPG, my car sits nice and high too and none of the stupid headaches. More and more people are coming up to me asking me about it. It looks sharp and its the right price.
michaelodonnell123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 02:58 PM   #2
rodeo02
AF Enthusiast

Re: My 2007 Aveo vs. the competition

Good deal. Stick with the basics and you won't have problems. Is your Aveo a 5spd or auto? I like them. Nice little cars. Problem with $12.5K is, you can get a Cobalt LS, auto for that after incentives. That's why I went that way back in the spring of '07.

Joel
Old 01-04-2008, 03:21 PM   #3
michaelodonnell123
AF Newbie

I tried out the Cobalt - I did not like it. I prefered the Aveo. Mine is automatic.
Old 01-04-2008, 03:42 PM   #4
rodeo02
AF Enthusiast

Can't argue with that. I never drove the Aveo. Just sat it one. Cobalts were such a smoking deal at the time, I could't touch an Aveo for the ~$12100 I paid for a new Cobalt.

Joel
Old 01-06-2008, 04:38 PM   #5
Sappy96
AF Newbie

Sure you have all of those advantages but the others havethings like heated seats, auto dimming mirrors, a good chunk of hp.
Its a give and take thing.

2008 Aveo 5
2005 Pontiac GTO
2004 Honda CB600f
2002 Silverado LT
1992 S-10 Tahoe
http://www.fquick.com/sappy96 12.5@111
Sappy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 09:49 PM   #6
michaelodonnell123
AF Newbie

those extra things are just more things to break. I had all of those stupid features on my past cars..Jaguars, BMW's and Cadillacs. Here is what happens to them at the worst time: the heated seats will work in the summer but not the winter, the sunroof will leak or not close back up, the dimming mirrors will dim and stay dim forever, the alarm will go off when you are there and not go off when its being stolen...etc etc etc...

who needs the grief. NOT me.
Old 01-11-2008, 11:43 AM   #7
rodeo02
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelodonnell123
..I had all of those stupid features on my past cars..Jaguars, BMW's and Cadillacs. .
From luxury to Aveo!?! I feel your pain man. I used to have a new vehicle about every 1.5yrs. Marriage, 3kids and a mortgage later? I have a Cobalt. I actually like it!

Joel
Old 01-15-2008, 04:35 AM   #8
Buzz73
AF Newbie

Quote:
...those extra things are just more things to break...
I've been preaching that for decades. It's good to see that I'm not the last anti-progressive alive who still hates power amenities. (i.e. Give me manual-crank windows anyday over unreliable power windows.)
Buzz73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 03:41 PM   #9
aveo2007
AF Newbie

Smile Re: My 2007 Aveo vs. the competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz73
I've been preaching that for decades. It's good to see that I'm not the last anti-progressive alive who still hates power amenities. (i.e. Give me manual-crank windows anyday over unreliable power windows.)
Ditto that on crank-up windows. My previous car was a Saab Turbo with all the amenities and every time one of the amenities broke (window motors, air conditioning, etc) it was really expensive to fix. I've had my 2007 Aveo5 for 16 months now and it has given me no trouble and is a pleasure to drive. Plus it cost me 1/4 of what a new top-of-the-line Saab turbo would have.
aveo2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 02:57 PM   #10
genefitz
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelodonnell123
I tried out the Cobalt - I did not like it. I prefered the Aveo. Mine is automatic.
I agree. I traded off my 2005 Aveo LS in 2006 for an 06 Cobalt LS. Bright side, the Cobald had a CD player stock. Down side, I hated everything else about the car after owning it for a month.

Now, just traded off my 06 Cobalt for an 08 Aveo.
genefitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 01:51 PM   #11
rodentman
AF Newbie

I had a SOB turbo and it was a POS. I have an 04 Aveo which has been trouble free. Also bought an 08 Dodge Caliber with a lot of bells and whistles. I bought the extended warranty to cover all that. EVERYTHING even the headlights are routed thru some kind of computer interface.
rodentman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 03:04 PM   #12
YOUNGAVEO
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to YOUNGAVEO
Thumbs down Re: My 2007 Aveo vs. the competition

Also bought an 08 Dodge Caliber with a lot of bells and whistles. I bought the extended warranty to cover all that. EVERYTHING even the headlights are routed thru some kind of computer interface.[/quote]

My aunt just bought an 09 caliber she is lovin it besides the fact shes only had it 16 days and the headlights are already busted she must of had a lemon
stupid lemons
YOUNGAVEO is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Aveo