Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Aveo
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 06:45 PM   #31
mikedudley17
AF Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to mikedudley17
Re: BAD Mileage

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayesbcajh
Don't have a secret. I drive moderately. Keep it between 70 and 75 on the highway, usually closer to 70. I don't accelerate hard from a stop...and people hate me for it. I use synthetic oil but I don't think that has much to do with it. There are a few occasions during a week where I will push it to 4-5k rpm but not often. Normally I shift between 2500 and 3000 rpm. Most of my driving is highway. When my car was new I was only getting 25 mpg (same driving habits). Unfortunately I lost that part of my log when the window was left open in a rain storm. If I remember correctly I wasn't getting good mileage until close to 10k miles.
10000 miles is about right tho before you start seein your mileage goin up. i find it so hard not to get on the gas pedal tho whenever at a stoplight or wahtever. i just wanna go go go as fast as i can you know and if i dont i have everyone ridin my ass cus its slow to get up to speed. has anyone repiped their aveo? im getting a high flow muffler very soon and i was wonderin if its worth it to get it repiped. i hear two different sides when it comes to it. some say (in reference to 4 cylynders) to let the exhaust flow as freely as possible and some say you need to keep the backpressure. if anyone has have you noticed any gains and if so what size pipe you use? hit me back.
Old 02-01-2007, 09:11 PM   #32
lilstac0523
AF Newbie

wow. that sucks. oh well i guess i will just have to wait it out. my car is approaching 2500 miles...
Old 02-01-2007, 09:25 PM   #33
TooMuchRock
AF Newbie

I am just over 10k, and haven't seen any increase in mileage... only increase i've had is that i get about 3mpg better in the winter.
TooMuchRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 08:23 PM   #34
macboy91si
AF Newbie

I have been watching this thread for a while now and I figure I would put in my 2 cents. I recently purchased a 2007 Aveo LS Sedan in early January of this year. I got lucky and found the exact car I wanted (red w/neutral cloth, automatic, cruise, cd, keyless entry w/manual windows). I had been driving a 1994 Suzuki Sidekick, which yielded 22mpg city, 26-28 highway if lucky. Respectable mileage for a vehicle of its nature, but with its age came higher maintenance and I decided to take a plunge for the new car again. I owned a 2004 model base Aveo in 2004, I bought the 1st off the lot and loved it, so this car was purchased with a preconceived notion of what to expect. I got 26mpg in city, 32mpg highway off the lot in the 04. That later topped out at 30 city and 32-35 hwy. The 2007 model that I have recently purchased has bottomed out at 17mpg city and 23 hwy. The highest city mileage I have achieved was 23mpg and the highest hwy was 28mpg. I AVERAGE 20.8mpg in a four cylinder. That's the bottom line, I've had it back to the dealer twice, the first time for a whining noise from the drivers wheel well and the 2nd for the mileage.

I don't drive hard, but I do drive a lot. In town is usually 35-45mph and on the freeway it's 65-70mph. The car spends most of its time under 2500rpm and even at 70mph on the freeway the tach sits on 2800rpm (250rpm less than the 5-speed). The car also runs very well, and has a lot of power (relatively speaking). Nothing seems abnormal, aside from the mileage. Dealer says that there isn't anything abnormal going on with the FI system, and that there isn't really anything that they can do until the 1st oil change. I currently have 2100 miles on the car. Something here seems seriously wrong, but for now I'll entertain that 1st oil change.

-T.
macboy91si is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 08:55 AM   #35
aveo2007
AF Newbie

Smile Re: BAD Mileage

So far on my 2007 Aveo5 SVM I am getting 22mpg in the city where almost all my driving takes place. I think this is a reasonable number since a fair amount of that city driving is stop and go. All my trips are 5 miles or less for the past couple of months so in the cold weather by the time the engine is warmed up I am where I am going. Also, it is winter here and the roads are sometimes snowy and icy so traction is poor which means that mpg is going down. As I write this I have 1,599 miles on the car. In time, as the engine breaks in I expect the gas mileage to improve.

I did my first oil change three weeks ago and used Castrol GTX 5W-30. The car seems to warm up a little faster now. Also, I checked the air pressure of the tires and put it up to 31 for the front tires and 30 for the rear tires. They had gone down to 26 and 25 respectively.
aveo2007 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Aveo