Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Wheels/Tires/Suspension
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Wheels/Tires/Suspension All the handling help you need. No matter what Honda/Acura you drive.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-11-2005, 12:31 AM   #1
projectgsr
AF Regular

Drop Zope Coilovers

Has anybody used Drop Zone Coilover's on their ride? I know they can't be that good but will they be good enough for street driving? The complete setup cost around $300 with shipping. That's cool for me because I'm on a budjet. Comment, suggestions please.
JDM B18C, LSD tranny, Exedy flywheel/clutch, AEM intake, Greddy cat back, stainless header, Skunk2 manifold, Koyo radiator, Tokico Illumina full coilovers, black 17" Konig Hurry's, dc strut bars, custom cf hood, poly motor mounts, alum. battery bracket, b&m short shifter, Viper alarm, spoon chip, Tenzo R seats, Kenwood amp, Pioneer and MTX speakers w/cross over's, euro antenna, NGK wire's and plugs, Mobil 1 syn. and a whole lot of attitude.

9.4 sec 1/8 mile at Irwindale 4/20/06
projectgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 02:32 AM   #2
Kven
AF Enthusiast

Re: Drop Zope Coilovers

my cousin has them on his 91 Civic HB; they ride "ok" but started sagging on one side after a few months.

WTB: CRX mudflaps(both front and rear)...PM me if you have some for sale!!!
Kven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 12:06 AM   #3
BullShifter
AF Moderator

Re: Re: Drop Zope Coilovers

Junk, IMO
BullShifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 01:17 PM   #4
BlazeD0ut06
AF Regular

junk is a compliment...
BlazeD0ut06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 01:24 PM   #5
projectgsr
AF Regular

Thanks guys. That probably saved me a big headache. So what should I do if I'm on a budjet? What is the cheapest setup that won't mess up on me? I was reading in another thread that sometime's it's better to have adjustable shocks instead of adjustable coilsprings. But if I want to keep my ride height very low in my GSR 2 door with 17" Konigs then what should I do?
JDM B18C, LSD tranny, Exedy flywheel/clutch, AEM intake, Greddy cat back, stainless header, Skunk2 manifold, Koyo radiator, Tokico Illumina full coilovers, black 17" Konig Hurry's, dc strut bars, custom cf hood, poly motor mounts, alum. battery bracket, b&m short shifter, Viper alarm, spoon chip, Tenzo R seats, Kenwood amp, Pioneer and MTX speakers w/cross over's, euro antenna, NGK wire's and plugs, Mobil 1 syn. and a whole lot of attitude.

Old 05-12-2005, 04:07 PM   #6
Kven
AF Enthusiast

Lowering springs or maybe GC coilovers; which run about $350(?) a set.

edit: just looked at the GC adjustable springs and they cost $300 a set

Old 05-12-2005, 06:57 PM   #7
BullShifter
AF Moderator

If you want to slam it, springs and struts or true coilovers are needed. The lower you go the more money it costs for good products. Any thing more than 1.5" will need camber kits. For springs I suggest H&R's, coilover sleeves Ground Control. More than 1.5" of lowering should be done using Koni Sport struts, KYB and Tokico make stock length struts which means that they wont function at the full potenial and wear sooner. For the same amount of money (Ground Controls/Koni Sports or H&R's/Koni Sports) you could buy an entry level full coilover setup.

I really think you should read some of the other posts since this basically going to the most commonly asked question - what parts should I use to lower my car?

One thing to remember with adjustable ride height springs(sleeves or true coilovers) An alignment is needed EVERY time you change the ride height even if it's only 1/2" and corner weighting should be done. As a basic rule, if you do not know how to setup coilovers stick to lowering springs.

IF YOUR CHEAP WITH SUSPENSION YOU WILL REGRET IT!

www.tirerack.com
www.modacar.com
www.google.com
Old 05-12-2005, 11:13 PM   #8
projectgsr
AF Regular

Thanks alot guys. Hey Kven, where did you say that you can pick up some of those GC coilovers from? Are they adjustable coil or shocks? I tried looking for some on ebay but couldn't find any.

Old 05-13-2005, 01:14 AM   #9
BullShifter
AF Moderator

Ground Controls are coilover sleeves, spring with adjustable collars. they will tear up stock struts within months.

www.groundcontrol.com - dont use ebay for research.
Old 05-13-2005, 06:55 AM   #10
Kven
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by projectgsr
Thanks alot guys. Hey Kven, where did you say that you can pick up some of those GC coilovers from? Are they adjustable coil or shocks? I tried looking for some on ebay but couldn't find any.
directly from them: www.ground-control-store.com

They are adjustable springs; just check the site out, they have pics

Old 06-15-2005, 09:02 AM   #11
GWTDAMI
AF Newbie

I have the dropzone struts and lowering springs. i have a pretty good ride.
GWTDAMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 07:54 PM   #12
SilverY2KCivic
Cali Guy

Send a message via ICQ to SilverY2KCivic Send a message via AIM to SilverY2KCivic Send a message via Yahoo to SilverY2KCivic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWTDAMI
I have the dropzone struts and lowering springs. i have a pretty good ride.
That's a seperate strut and spring setup from them, their coilover kit will ride much different.

projectgsr, if you're on a budget, then check out Omni power coilovers. They adjust ride height, and can be had for as cheap as $600 I've seen before. They are good quality (though not quite what other coilover kits are like Tein, APEX'i or Tanabe) but they will give you a nice ride overall.
All rights reserved... All BITERS served!

"The last time you had THIS much fun driving a car, it cost a quarter, and gyrated in front of the supermarket."

i have yet to see any well done imports around here. most are road toilets driven by some high school punk -Drift

hessemer69 on AIM
SilverY2KCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 05:55 PM   #13
projectgsr
AF Regular

Wow, I was kind of surprised to see anybody reply to this thread after so long. Thanks for the info though. I pretty much am going to go with the OMNI Power complete coilover setup but I just have one quick question. I've seen Tein setups going pretty cheap also (about $100 more). My question is do you think that those entry level Tein's will be better than the OMNI's? Or do you still say that I should go with the OMNI's? I've heard that Tein is a little bit over-rated.

Old 06-16-2005, 05:58 PM   #14
projectgsr
AF Regular

Also do you think I'll need a camber kit with the OMNI's? If so do I need front and back and what brand should I buy, Skunk 2?

Old 06-16-2005, 07:56 PM   #15
94PreludeJDM
AF Enthusiast

if you get a camber, yes, either Skunk2 or Ingalls
94PreludeJDM is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Wheels/Tires/Suspension