Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Aveo
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-06-2006, 10:32 PM   #16
aveo54
AF Newbie

Re: Creeking in front end

Have creaking/crunching noises primarily from the front-end, but also from the rear. Sounds like the entire front end is coming off. Dealer lubed the lower control arm bushings per the GM TSB, but it didn't help a bit.

Am resigned to replacing any/all bushings with better quality parts when they are finally available, as well as new aftermarket shocks and struts.

The steering and stability of my 04 sedan just keeps getting worse and worse. The car is always shifting side-to-side and you can feel movement from every breeze. I'm very disappointed with the suspension -- someone didn't do their homework!
aveo54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 09:20 AM   #17
hayesbcajh
AF Regular

Had the creeking checked out at the dealer yesterday.
I don't have the paperwork yet as it's still an open case and we're waiting for parts.
Apparently there are 2 bulletins on the topic. First they loosened something on the control arms and re-torqued it. They reported that after the test drive the noise was still there. My drive home confirmed this. I guess the second one has them replace something. They ordered the parts and I'm scheduled to go back next wednesday.
Will post again after the next service.
hayesbcajh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 08:00 PM   #18
ema
AF Newbie

Thanks for input everyone...I am still in the works...got rep to drive with me to hear creeking in my aveo after they tighten a bolt in the lower control arm to ball joint (if that sounds right). According to the boyfriend that work on cars all his life, this is unusual to happen without any damage done. Also that it would cause the tires to be out of line and wear tires improperly. They say it won't but I think I am going to address them in writing my concerns in case there is improper wear.
I am going to get them to lubricate the bolt at rear of the lower a-arm.
The whole idea was to have a new car was to get a break from self repairs. I am not impressed with the aveo. She still under warranty. god knows what to expect after that.
They also adjust headlights twice for me....screw fill out and light moved blinded everyone driving in front of me...The third time I am demanding it to be replaced. I'll let you know the results.
ema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 06:21 AM   #19
hayesbcajh
AF Regular

To be honest, I'm not going to worry too much about the creeking. Mine has done it since new and now has 34k miles on it. My tires seem to be wearing normal and I don't notice any performance issues. No doubt a new car should not be making any noise whatsoever. But me personally, I can live with the annoyance if it turns out that after they replace parts the noise is still there. The only thing I am going to ask of the dealer is to put in writing that if this is the cause of a future repair they will cover it.
We'll see what happens next week.

Last edited by hayesbcajh; 09-18-2006 at 08:37 AM.
Old 09-29-2006, 06:40 PM   #20
hayesbcajh
AF Regular

Thumbs up Re: Creeking in front end

Got my car back tonight after the 3rd attempt and the noise seems to be gone. Apparently there were 2 different noises that the shop noticed. On 1st visit they re-torqued something to no avail. On the 2nd visit they changed the sway bar bushings and said they solved one of the noises. I'm not sure because the noise I brought it in for was still there...I never noticed a second noise. Could very well be since the noise I was concerned about was so loud. That or they ordered the wrong part and changed them anyway. When the sway bar bushings went on my chrysler minivan it gave a clunking sound not a squeaky sound. On the 3rd visit (today) they changed the right front lower control arm bushing. So far no noise. Even after I drove over the gutter into my driveway there was no noise and it was always the worst over this bump. I am optimistic that they have solved my problem. And just in time at 35,000 miles.
Old 11-25-2006, 10:42 AM   #21
Piece_Ride_Driver
AF Newbie

2004 Aveo sedan, I have the same problems, creaking is especially louder in colder weather. Aveo sucks.
Piece_Ride_Driver is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Aveo