Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > F Series
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
F Series Forum covers questions and discussions regarding Ford F-150, Ford F-250, Ford F-350, Ford F-450, Ford F-550, Ford F-650, and Ford F-750.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-25-2004, 03:54 PM   #1
c150L
AF Newbie

AOD output shaft (4x4) needed.

Can anyone help me locate an output shaft for an AOD automatic 4x4 transmission. So I have this 86 F150 4x4 automatic. I pulled the trans because it only had low and reverse. I tear the AOD apart and found one planetary bad and one center bearing bad which probably caused low hyd pressures. (I'm not a transmission professional, but have been into few autos many years ago.) Anyway, I found an AOD donor from a mid-late 80s Cougar. I discect the donor trans and all these parts look brand new in it. I was told that the donor tranny was just rebuilt, but it did not work. One last part of the 4x4 trans to disassemble, clean, inspect and then start reassembly. The rear clutch pack. Thinking I was going to be able to reassemble the auto, I then found that a small piece (about 3/4x2" long) of the 4x4 trannys output shaft is broke off. This part of the trannys output shaft extends forward into the rear clutch pack.

So now I have everything I need except the output shaft of the 4x4 tranny. Can anyone help me locate one of these at a reasonable cost? If I can not locate this last part reasonably enough, the wife is going to make me get rid of my truck. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Dale
c150L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 04:28 PM   #2
amac209
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to amac209
Re: AOD output shaft (4x4) needed.

did you price one out at a tranny/driveline shop, or a junkyard?
amac209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 05:24 PM   #3
c150L
AF Newbie

No, not yet. Just ran into this late lastnight. Trying some online stuff now, as I will not be able to check any of those places till Friday or Saturday at the earliest. I am in hopes of finding someone, somewhere that has donors already apart. Not sure a junkyard be the place to go. Probably want arm or leg for the whole nine yards of the tranny, but will try calling a few as soon as possible.

Thanks for the reply.
Dale
c150L is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > F Series