Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > CL | Inspire | Saber | TL
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
View Poll Results: HOW MUCH DO U LOVE YOUR ACURA TL
WHAT OIL DO U USE? 0 0%
WILL IT REALLY HARM USING 87 OCTANE VRS 91?? 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-22-2005, 05:28 PM   #1
STUBBORNM
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to STUBBORNM
Exclamation Acura Tl

I Have A 2001 Acura Tl.
Its Silver/black 3.2.
I Love This Car Although It Has Nickle And Dimed Me..more Like Hundred And Thousands Me.
I See Everyone Talking About There Disapointments. I Have Them Too. It All Started When I Had My Transmission Replaced After It Just Stopped Moving. Never Made A Noise Just Shifted A Lil Ruff. That Was Done At 87000 Miles.
Shortly After 6 Months I Say My Rear Main Seal Took A Dump Pouring Oil Everywhere(dealer Said It Was Fine No Sign Of Leakage At Transmission Replacement) . Six Months Later Egr Froze (dealer Said). Six Months Later I Had A Continous Missfire. Missfire Was Caused By Intake Manifold/injectors Were Not Flushed Carbon Build Up.
Although I Always Used 91 Octane. Ever Since Then I Just Used 87.
At This Piont Im Like Ahhh, Although I Love The Ride.
I Burn No Oil At All.. Since The Carbon Build Up I Use Engine Flush Every 3 Oil Changes. And I Clean My Own Throttlebody Every 15000 Miles And Service My Tranny W/acura Fluid @ That Time. I Only Use Castrol 5-30. W/ac Delco Filter Only (they Dont Fall Apart Like Fram)
Knock On Wood! At This Time I Love My Car
I Currently Have 126000 Miles
I Average 450 Per Tank On 87 Octage
Michelin Tires Last About 80000 Miles
I Dont Peal Out Although I Dont Always Obay The Speed Limits.

I Wish All Of You Who Have These Car Best Of Luck

Mike
STUBBORNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 07:11 PM   #2
TLgunner
AF Newbie

I have a 2000 TL that I've done all kinds of mods to; I absolutely love the car, the best car I've ever owned. I've upgraded the wheels, suspension, exhaust and brakes and added all the little JDM do-dads to make the car unique.

I bought it used with ~33K miles on it in 2002 and it now has 61K miles. I've been using Mobil 1 0W-30 boosted with an extra shot of Moly and the engine doesn't burn a drop of oil. I do a trans fluid drain & fill and TB/intake clean at every oil change. I had the oil jet installed in my trans and so far not a problem.

So far the only problem I have is the dome light doesn't work which is annoying when you have to get into a pitch black car late at night/early in the morning. I have checked the bulb and it's not that; I get the feeling it's the "multiplexer" (the circuit board that controls the interior lights, $$$$).

Oh, I've been using 89 octane mid-grade with FP and the car runs perfectly. Hopefully this combination will stave off any carbon build up so I won't get the dreaded "EGR passages blocked" error code.
TLgunner is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > CL | Inspire | Saber | TL