Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Porsche > 924/944/968
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-27-2005, 04:05 AM   #1
Sacrin
AF Newbie

Just got a 944... Questions

I just got my 1988 944 two days ago. It's in incredible shape, but I there are a couple of things I need to fix. I'd appreciate any help before I take it in and get charged for something I could do myself (if I knew how).

The sunroof works; however, it doesnt shut tight. I think the two levers need calibration?

The electric hatch release doesnt work.

The cruise control doesnt work.

The center console cover isnt attached.

The fuel gage doesnt work.

The wiper delay control doesnt work.

The heater doesnt work.

Also, how do you reset the trip odometer?
Sacrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 05:54 PM   #2
carsonmx114
AF Regular

Re: Just got a 944... Questions

the rear hinges on your sunroof are plastic and the latch part of them are a common part to break. is one side latching and the other not? also it sounds like you don't have a owners manual for your car so you may not know that your roof comes out i've not taken mine out in forever so someone may correct me but i think you put the key in acc. position then open the roof the reason i say this is there is a tang on the front of the roof in the middle that presses a switch when the roof is in, this tells the car when the roof is in and if it's broken off the system will think the roof is removed and the latch system won't pull the roof down. on your cruise i'd only be guessing but start with the fuses and maybe the safety switches on the pedals. the console lid hinge is another common part to break, try automobile atlanta for a replacement. the fuel sending unit is accessible through a round cover under the rear carpet, it's been a long time since i had fuel gauge trouble so i'm not sure how the gauge is wired but if it's a two wire system unplug the sending unit turn on the key and short the two wires together the gauge should swing to full, if not you've likely got trouble behind the gauge. i had to resolder connections behind my temp and fuel gauges before but they were all over the place not just dead. for your delay wipers you have to pull the lever down then adjust control, or you may have a bad control. you could check for power at the control when the lever is down. the heater valve is at the rear of the motor, it is vacuum operated you should be able to watch it move when you turn the control knob to full heat with the engine running if not you may have a bad valve or a vacuum leak. the trip meter is the only thing i'm sure i can help you with it's in the center of the little fake vent on the left side of your middle vent, it doesn't look like a button at all. on your rear hatch i think the key has to be off and when you press the button you should hear the release motor running for a second. if not you probably have a bad switch, if you hear it run and the hatch doesn't open the grease in your latches has probably dried up. i had to take the latches out of my car and spray lube into them to free them up. sorry this is so long but i hope this helps you.
carsonmx114 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Porsche > 924/944/968