Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Opel/Vauxhall > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-07-2003, 03:02 AM   #1
VRSenator
AF Newbie

Question Second Hand Cars

Hi Guys/Girls im new to this sorta stuff a mate told me to have a go and see what i can find out so here i am....

First of all i need help big time im in the middle of Purchasing a VN Commodore Executive 3.8Lt V6 Auto 4 Speed...

There are some good points to the car and there are bad points..

The good points are that it has an Imaculatly clean engine Low K's 2.5" Pipe all the way Mags Large Body Kit and is lowered its starts first time no probs and runs pretty well considering......

Ok now for the bad points the Tappets are pretty load i am assuming it might need oil and the two side mags are Stuffed as the people who stole it cant handle the power of a Holden no doubt and from this they have managed to hit something hard enough to force the front Left side tyre towards the rear of the guard... There is about 2cm gap from the guard and the tyre now this is my problem i dont know ether its going to be more trouble than its worth can anyone HELP me out here with some advice if this has hapened to you or someone you know anyone please?????
Old 07-07-2003, 04:13 AM   #2
Jimster
Here for the pussy, man.

Send a message via ICQ to Jimster Send a message via AIM to Jimster Send a message via Yahoo to Jimster
well the car is an easy one to repair mechanically- but they are known to go wrong at some point in time- If you are going to buy a VN- REPLACE THE SEATBELTS with something safer- simply because the seatbelts are responsible for the VN's abismal safety rating

2007 Audi A4 3.0 TDI Le Mans
Jimster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 01:02 AM   #3
VRSenator
AF Newbie

Thumbs up Cheers

Hey thanks for the advice on the seatbelts and the knowledge that they are easy to repair but with the front wheel like it is.. Is it to much to worry about??? Thats my only prob i dont want to buy it then find out that i cant repair it without spending lots of money cause it aint worth spending money on a cheap car They said when i first looked at it that it was suspension damage but it dont look like the suspension to me ?????

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Opel/Vauxhall > General Discussion