Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Motorsports
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
WIP - Motorsports Post topics for any "Work In Process" motorsports vehicles in this sub-forum.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 07:01 PM   #46
Jmich
AF Regular

Re: #8 Bud Camo

[quote=JTRACING]well i just wont post anymore of my work here that doesnt bother me. sorry for anyone who follows along on my stuff.

Dude, don't let someone with a personal vendetta keep you from posting your builds... just ignore his posts and do your thing.

Everyones "techniques" came from somewhere else... which is to say that the original idea was taken from somewhere, someone or something else and refined to where it's at today. Your work is awesome. If you got the ideas to do things a certain way from somewhere else... that's how it's done in this hobby! I don't mean just from other scale models, but also from the actual 1:1 cars. Someone came up with that first. Maybe we should all thank the auto manufacturers, fabricators and the artists who came up with the original paint schemes...

Anyhoo, this isn't my fight, but I think that I'm with the majority when I say that it's not good for this forum or the hobby for someone as talented as yourself to stop sharing your work. We need you here to inspire us to do better.

John
Jmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 10:20 AM   #47
Ole_L
AF Regular

www.escalemodels.com for those who wants to see the finished model - which looks great.

JT... hope it's OK to post the link.
Ole_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 04:00 PM   #48
Adam Baker
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Adam Baker Send a message via MSN to Adam Baker Send a message via Yahoo to Adam Baker

Thanks for the link, Im gonna bookmark it, and might join.

Unfortunately the advertisers on AF are incredibly friggen anal, and they dont allow other websites to be linked from here, so dont expect the link to stay for long.
Adam Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 05:30 PM   #49
SkylineFan
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole_L
www.escalemodels.com for those who wants to see the finished model - which looks great.

JT... hope it's OK to post the link.
If you look the finished model is in the completed section of this board.... James and I are good with each other and he is back..... SO I dont get the link to another board?

DaveT
SkylineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 06:04 PM   #50
tonioseven
AF Moderator

Send a message via Yahoo to tonioseven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Baker
Thanks for the link, Im gonna bookmark it, and might join.

Unfortunately the advertisers on AF are incredibly friggen anal, and they dont allow other websites to be linked from here, so dont expect the link to stay for long.
I think you mean the administrators. and they're not nearly as anal as some would believe; if that were so, I wouldn't be allowed to be a moderator here! Just trying to add a (pathetic) bit of humor.
tonioseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 06:13 PM   #51
Ole_L
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylineFan
If you look the finished model is in the completed section of this board.... James and I are good with each other and he is back..... SO I dont get the link to another board?

DaveT
Well... I did not look in the completed section - and a lot of people wanted to see the finished car, hence a link to where I knew it was posted.
Ole_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 10:42 PM   #52
Adam Baker
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Adam Baker Send a message via MSN to Adam Baker Send a message via Yahoo to Adam Baker

Hahaha, you said it, not me, hahahaha. No, I was told that the reason why links on this site arent allowed, is b/c the advertisers wont allow them, which just seems incredibly asinine & anal to me. Apparently they dont realize that links work both ways.

As far as being an administrator, Im and admin on a ford ranger enthusiast's website (site's not nearly as large as this one, but we have over 50k members), so Im well versed in how admin's get treated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonioseven
I think you mean the administrators. and they're not nearly as anal as some would believe; if that were so, I wouldn't be allowed to be a moderator here! Just trying to add a (pathetic) bit of humor.
Adam Baker is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Motorsports