Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > 3 Series
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-11-2004, 08:18 PM   #1
E36Guy
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to E36Guy
Power Options?

I currently own a 1995 Bmw 325is 5-speed. It has 144,000 miles, i've been told they were mostly highway.
I'm going to be running into a good amount of money in the next year or so, and I'm wondering what you guys think I should do for the most power. The car will be a daily driver but I'm willing to deal with lots of turbo lag if it will get me substantial horsepower. Turbocharge the 2.5 litre? Buy a wrecked M3 and grab its drivetrain + turbocharge? I prefer turbo over supercharging, so keep that in mind in your replies. The budget will probably be about $10,000-12,000, thanks in advance for the advice. Oh, and please be specific about what you think I should do. Has anyone bought the TSI turbo kit found at www.turbokits.com and installed it on their 325i? Thanks again for the replies.
E36Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 09:47 AM   #2
bimmerman333
AF Regular

Re: Power Options?

go activeautowerks.com they got what u want.
bimmerman333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 12:32 PM   #3
bimmerman333
AF Regular

you should also try lookn in to turnermotorsports.com very knowledgable in race applications have fun with your bimmer
Old 10-12-2004, 07:52 PM   #4
E36Guy
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to E36Guy
I've already been to both sites, turnermotorsport doesn't seem to carry much in the way of forced induction and AA seems a bit pricey, so I would need justification for the $6000 for a 325 turbo kit. Does anyone have an AA turbo kit on their car that can describe for me what it is like on a 2.5 litre? Also, do you believe the AA stage 1 is significantly better than the TSI extreme kit for the 325i?
AA Stage 1 - $6000
TSI extreme kit - $3500 (with T28BB upgrade)
I would need to hear some comparisions or at least hear from someone who has an AA kit installed on their 325i to justify the $2,500 difference between the 2. Also, do you believe that the 2.5 litre is worthy for a turbo kit? It seems that the M3's can make so much more power for around the same price. Would it make more sense to try to get an M3 drivetrain first? Also, how much horsepower can I expect reliably if I have a professionally built engine with turbo cams, pistons, rods on a 2.5 litre? How much boost can you run on the stock 2.5 bottom end?
Thanks again for your replies, I haven't found many other sources for this information, i'm sure they're out there, but this seemed the easiest place to ask.
E36Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 11:29 AM   #5
bimmerman333
AF Regular

bavauto.com they have a nice supercharger $$$$$$$ expensive mod

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > 3 Series