Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > 3 Series
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-19-2004, 02:20 PM   #1
eat_mor_chikin
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to eat_mor_chikin Send a message via Yahoo to eat_mor_chikin
E21 Modding, Need Help

E21 Modding, Need Help I just got my new muffler on yea. I need help to start modding my car to make it look more euro but in today's time. ALSO I WANT to try to keep the car how it is, not change that much, because this car has 3-4 years until it is an antique. So please just give me some ideas. Thanks!

CHECK OUT MY CAR HERE: carpictures.aowc.net
Old 10-20-2004, 02:38 PM   #2
SpikeX
AF Newbie

Re: E21 Modding, Need Help

Well, I used to own 2 e21s, both were amazing cars!

If your looking to make your car more euroish I'd look for some eurobumpers (VERY hard to come by, sometimes pop up on ebay n such)

That or there are other alternatives, frontspoilers (airdams as some people may call them) make the car look clean and more agressive.

For performance wise, suspension would be a good start. I do believe suspension techniques sells springs for this model and some nice bilstein sport shocks would go nicely.

If your a real do it yourselfer and have the $$ an efi swap from the cis (continuous injection system)
which would then if you want make life easier to do a turbo set up.

If your looking for some more raw hp, I'd get a crank from a 78-79 320i which where the true 2.0L and the pistons as well, (get new ones) and get soem work done on the bottom end (top end can easily hold 10,000 rpm...as for the bottom end.. about 8,700. I'm not saying, go and prove me wrong or figure this out on your own!)

If you need links to sites just lemme know, I got tons. Plus if you need any parts, I got alot left over too.
Old 10-22-2004, 03:28 PM   #3
bimmerman333
AF Regular

Re: E21 Modding, Need Help

check out www.bavauto.com they got lots of stuff for your model . have fun with your bimmer
bimmerman333 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > 3 Series