Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cadillac > CTS and CTS-V
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 09:58 PM   #1
bmwgolfguy
AF Regular

Cool CTS tires

I am looking at a 2004 CTS-V and happened upon a site for this vehicle. The topic at hand was the tires on this car. Apparently all they come with are Goodyear run flats. All the people on this forum did was complain about these run flats. The vast majority said the most they got out of these tires were 10,000 miles before they had to be replaced. One guy said he went through 3 sets of tires in 30,000 miles. And Cadillac wasn't doing jack to help the customers. Many said they will never buy another caddilac because of this.

I was looking at a new 3, as I have had 3 bmw's till now. But I read so much bad stuff about these tires (BMW only puts on run flats - the is no option for regular high perfomance rubber) and having to replace them by about 10,000 miles, I decided not to get one this go around. Again numerous owners said they were done with BMW's until these tires go away or they had the option for a conventional tire.

The point is, there seems to be a common thread here. If you dont' mind buying a new set of tires every 10,000, then these cars may not be for you.

Any comments would be appreciated.
bmwgolfguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 05:34 PM   #2
6ftsoccermom
AF Newbie

Re: CTS tires

I have a CTS 2005. I am not familiar with "runs flat" terminology. What does that mean exactly?
6ftsoccermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 02:32 PM   #3
Z15
AF Regular

Its BS and lies. I have a 2005 3.6L CTS bought new with the Luxury Sport package and my car has Goodyear Eagle RSA tires, they are not the run-flat type, that I am sure of. Looking at the 2005 standard and optional equipment features, I don't see those tires mentioned so not all CTS come with those tires, if any in 2004 or 2005. My car has every option except the Navigation System which I don't need. I am not that dumb that I can find my way around.

Anyone who only gets 10,000 miles from a set of tires sounds like a hot rodder to me or at the very least a fool. Don't believe that garbage. Some people like to complain about everything.

The tires on my car have been good. Over 23,000 miles and they have lots of tread left. I can see 50,000 + miles from the Eagle RSA.

Btw-I love the CTS. Will buy a new one in a few years for sure.
Z15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 03:44 PM   #4
6ftsoccermom
AF Newbie

Actually I checked and I have the same tires you mentioned on my 2005 CTS. I still have no idea what a runs flat is.
6ftsoccermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 07:11 PM   #5
drdisque
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to drdisque

the first post was regarding the CTS-V, you are talking about the regular CTS

A run flat tire is a tire with a very stiff carcass that is safe to drive on at limited speed with no air pressure.
2011 Mazda2 Touring

Past cars:
2007 Mazda 6S 5-door MT
1999 Ford Taurus SE Duratec
drdisque is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cadillac > CTS and CTS-V