Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse 2000+
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-02-2024, 06:00 PM   #1
Chrismd72381
AF Newbie

NEED HELP, Fuel pump not getting power

Hello, I have a 2003 Eclipse GS with a little over 200,000 miles on it, always do my oil changes never had any big issues with the car but I've been wheels up for about weeks now because I can't for the life of me figure out what the heck my problem is here, so the car won't start so first actually I ran out of gas about 2 blocks from my house and I went and got more gas and put in but it wouldn't start so I went and got another 3 gallons but still no start so i towed it home and ran it for codes and to my surprise I got p0340 camshaft sensor failure circuit "A" so I replaced the sensor deleted the code and still no start I noticed that I didn't hear the fuel pump coming on so I checked with my multi meter and the two wires that are going to fuel pump to give it power are showing 0.0 volts....naturally I checked both my relays and they work just fine and I checked the fuse and it also it just fine. So, I'm at a complete loss what else would cause the fuel pump to be getting no power? oh and to the best of my ability I've followed the wires to look for damage or cuts or something to the wire itself but haven't found any problems there either ...... I'm at a loss.....any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you , Chris
Chrismd72381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 07:44 PM   #2
Stealthee
Your worst nightmare

Re: NEED HELP, Fuel pump not getting power

I'm not 100% on the 3rd gens but earlier Mitsubishis only got power to the pump when the engine was cranking. Since you have access to the pump run a hot wire to it to see if it runs.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse 2000+