Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Buick > Park Avenue
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-25-2005, 05:04 PM   #1
1534dover
AF Newbie

Help! 92 Park Avenue died, won't start!

I just returned from a short trip down town and my PA died in the driveway. I just tuned up this car, with new plugs, fuel filter, PCV valve, air filter. I have thought I have felt a little hesitation at various times when I accelerated, which is why I did the tune up in the first place. Starter works fine, though about ten days ago while my wife was starting it, it kind of groaned. The weather here has turned warm, though I doubt if there is a relationship. Could it be the fuel pump? How about the crank position sensor? How would I tell?
There is more to the mystery. After the car would not start, I came in and entered this post. Then going back out to the car (about 30 minutes later), it started right up! I parked it in the garage out of the sun. Can I drive it or will it fail me again?

Last edited by 1534dover; 05-26-2005 at 12:49 AM.
1534dover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 06:20 AM   #2
deadring
AF Enthusiast

Re: Help! 92 Park Avenue died, won't start!

well you could put a jumper wire on the diagnostic plug below the steering, near the pedals , under the dashboard and see what codes will be given..if there are any.

oh and check the fuses..even them under the hood..

err.. could someone post the url for the diagnostic mode ?

Deadring

00' kawasaki zx-9 with micron exaust and K&N filter ( my baby)
deadring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005, 11:12 PM   #3
nudough
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to nudough
Re: Help! 92 Park Avenue died, won't start!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1534dover
I just returned from a short trip down town and my PA died in the driveway. I just tuned up this car, with new plugs, fuel filter, PCV valve, air filter. I have thought I have felt a little hesitation at various times when I accelerated, which is why I did the tune up in the first place. Starter works fine, though about ten days ago while my wife was starting it, it kind of groaned. The weather here has turned warm, though I doubt if there is a relationship. Could it be the fuel pump? How about the crank position sensor? How would I tell?
There is more to the mystery. After the car would not start, I came in and entered this post. Then going back out to the car (about 30 minutes later), it started right up! I parked it in the garage out of the sun. Can I drive it or will it fail me again?

I am new and this is the first thing I have written so I hope I'm doing this right! I had exactly the same problem. My PA ran ok until it got warm and then started shutting down at every red light. I sat there until I heard a relay click under the dash and then it would start again. I promise you this will get worse. I took my PA to a Buick dealership and found out the crank sensor had a crack in it. I had a coil problem too, but that wasn't what shut it down. It would bog down when it needed to shift down. I replaced the ignition module and all 3 coil packs and now it runs great. On the crank sensor I assure you it will get worse...Hope I helped you....
nudough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2005, 12:01 AM   #4
1534dover
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Help! 92 Park Avenue died, won't start!

I will definitely start with the crank position sensor.
I don't drive the car very far, and I take the cell phone with me, just in case. Thanks for the tip!
1534dover is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Buick > Park Avenue