Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Windstar
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 07:09 PM   #1
kilroy357
AF Newbie

2000 ford windstar master lighting switch light

the master lighting switch light came on, and wont go off i was wondering if anyone had the same problem or any suggestions. as far as the headlights and stuff they all still work fine. thanks for any help.
kilroy357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 08:54 PM   #2
wiswind
AF Moderator

Re: 2000 ford windstar master lighting switch light

I am not sure about what you mean by "master switching light".
If it is the interior lights.....and they go off after you get moving at 20mph.....then you have a dirty or defective door sensor switch........if you have verified that all the doors are closed.
On the driver and passenger front doors, the sensor is in the latch mechanism........the part that holds the door closed.......the switch is located inside the door......next to the latch.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/4157486...092975/detail/
2003 Toyota Sienna pictures (not much there yet)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/4157486...781661/detail/
wiswind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 09:17 PM   #3
kilroy357
AF Newbie

its a light on the instrument panel that came on as soon as i start the vehicle and wont go off . i looked in the manual and it said its the master lighting switch, all doors r shut completley but ill look where u said. thanks for reply.
kilroy357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 12:52 PM   #4
Johns440rr
AF Newbie

Funny I should see a post about a 2000 Windstar master lighting switch. I did some research yesterday which included going to the dealer and asking where the master lighting switch was. Nobody at the parts counter knew what it was or what it controlled. But Windstar is a 2000. This, The parts are no longer available. So after market country here I go ! After venturing into unknown unwelcome areas of the service department that most definitely customers are not allowed in I asked one of the technicians where the master lighting switches, he said it is the master switch that turns on the lights. WooHoo !
Yesterday I received my children’s Ford Windstar Freestar 1995 through 2007 manual. There is power going to the light switch but there is also a few things connected to it . There is an antitheft controller module there is a multi function switch there’s a fog lamp switch a fog lamp relay and the fog lamps none of which were installed in my new to me 2000 Windstar van. So, there must be something wrong with the switch, the dash light is on ! 💥💥💥
By the way, my dad bought a 95 Windstar and I really love this vehicle I actually talked him into buying the shop manual from the manufacture but I chose to buy a children’s manual instead Because nobody would tell me that the wiring diagram is the same as the Chilton manual ! Now you know what the master lighting switch is and where it is located, happy early Christmas do you
Johns440rr is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Windstar