Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Motorsports
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
WIP - Motorsports Post topics for any "Work In Process" motorsports vehicles in this sub-forum.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 01:43 AM   #76
ddtham
AF Enthusiast

Re: Pocher F40 WIP

I hope you feel better. We are patiently waiting for more updates on this incredible project. I can just imagine all of the hours put into the frame only. I also hope you put your WIP on the 993 GT2 here.
ddtham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 07:50 AM   #77
bmwmech1
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddtham
I hope you feel better. We are patiently waiting for more updates on this incredible project. I can just imagine all of the hours put into the frame only. I also hope you put your WIP on the 993 GT2 here.
Thanks, I do feel a little better today. Horrible ice storm here in the eastern U.S. Everything is closed. Maybe get some work done today. The 993 WIP will be posted here, without question. Plus, there is a GT40 and McLaren MK8D down the road... both all scratchbuilt and in 1/8th!

BM1
bmwmech1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 10:12 PM   #78
bmwmech1
AF Regular

Alright, I didn't get any work done until tonight... no energy with this virus I've had. Made decent progress on the big stuff at the rear... Enjoy and thanks for looking!!!

As you can see, I got most of the big stuff knocked out... now just a ton of brackets to fab up and solder on!!!

BM1
Old 02-01-2009, 01:50 AM   #79
bmwmech1
AF Regular

Quick Saturday night update... got more done on the rearend and the decision has been made to do a LeMans version. You'll see the X brace over the motor, which is specific to the race-only versions. The street version only has 1 diagonal. Enjoy and thanks for looking!!!

First pic you can see the X brace, the rear cage tie-ins at the tops of the shock towers and more bracketry completed...

Second pic shows a good view of the gussets I added at the base of the suspension towers...

Last pic is a view you never get with a Pocher F40... through the windshield opening, looking back through the bare chassis to see the front of the motor. I have may reference pictures like this view, but you can't get this shot if you don't scratchbuild the frame!!!

Thanks again

BM1
Old 02-01-2009, 09:57 PM   #80
bmwmech1
AF Regular

Last update for the weekend... The rearend is really coming together! Not too many big items left to do excluding the suspension. Got most all of the bracing and bracketry done, got the fuel tank outriggers done, so I'm happy! Now I guess I need to make the fuel tanks...Enjoy and thanks for looking, as always!

Thanks, BM1
Old 02-01-2009, 10:12 PM   #81
tuned.by.twenty
AF Vendor-TBT's Owner

I'm at a loss for words.
tuned.by.twenty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 11:48 AM   #82
Shovel
AF Newbie

BM1,

It is us who should be thanking you for showing us all these beautiful treats.
Since I started following this thread, I think I picked up my jaw at least 4 or 5 times.

I now have tied a big rubber band around my head to keep it from falling more time.

Phantastic work you are doing and showing here. Keep it coming I know I'll keep following this thread to the end.opcorn:

Grtz,

Mark
Shovel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 12:23 PM   #83
cinqster
AF Enthusiast

Utterly brilliant build...really enjoying these photos.

One piece of advice though; you may want to undo the alternator mounting bolt and pull it out a wee bit as the drive belt looks a little slack! opcorn:
cinqster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 12:44 PM   #84
bmwmech1
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shovel
BM1,

It is us who should be thanking you for showing us all these beautiful treats.
Since I started following this thread, I think I picked up my jaw at least 4 or 5 times.

I now have tied a big rubber band around my head to keep it from falling more time.

Phantastic work you are doing and showing here. Keep it coming I know I'll keep following this thread to the end.opcorn:

Grtz,

Mark
Thanks Mark, I am really starting to get into this build as I see it materializing. For all who don't know, I am building the Brummel sponsored 1995 LeMans entry... I just ordered the decal set for it this weekend. Can't wait to get the chassis buttoned up and painted... then the build will really start moving quickly... Stay tuned

BM1
Old 02-02-2009, 12:48 PM   #85
bmwmech1
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinqster
Utterly brilliant build...really enjoying these photos.

One piece of advice though; you may want to undo the alternator mounting bolt and pull it out a wee bit as the drive belt looks a little slack! opcorn:
You know, I think I bumped it putting it in the frame... should have caught that. It is adjustable though, just in case you were wondering...

BM1
Old 02-02-2009, 01:18 PM   #86
WasteGas
AF Regular

Thumbs up Re: Pocher F40 WIP

*hyperventilating*
WasteGas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 11:01 PM   #87
bmwmech1
AF Regular

First update this week... I decided to change it up a little and work on the bodywork a little tonight. Started out with the kit front-end and went to town with the dremel. I needed to open the giant hole in the center of the hood, enlarge the factory driving light locations, as these will become the headlight housings for the 95 LeMans version I am building and start to fill in the factory headlight openings, since these are non-existant on the LM version of the F40. Whats left is to fill and smooth the headlight delete panels I made from brass, cut-in 5 slots per side above the front wheel locations and cut-in a central NACA duct right above the hood emblem. There are more mods to be done, but that's enough for right now... Enjoy!!!

BM1
Old 02-03-2009, 11:29 PM   #88
xpeed
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Tommy
The Ferrari F40 is one litre less and in competition form still puts out 100 more Horsepower than the competition tuned Toyota/Lexus engine. Dont compare a Japanese car motor to a Ferrari motor. I suppose you could turn the boost up on the Toyota motor until it had more horspower and then blew up.

TT
I wouldn't know about that.

But I do agree, I wouldn't compare Toyota engines with Ferrari. Ferrari engines are a beast and pure orgasmic, but that's only until it blows up and catches on fire. At least I haven't seen Toyota engines catch on fire except for one.

Nice build on the F40 btw.

Lexus LF-A Roadster Concept with my bodykit design

"Current Projects"
Nismo Kure GT-R - 0% Sileighty/Onevia - 35%/25%, MCR R34 GT-R - 10%, R34 JGTC Xanavi - 30%, JGTC Raybrig NSX - 0%, 2009/2011 WRX STi - 50%/0%, D1GP Kazama S15 - 55%, Toyota Celica - 2%, Calsonic Z Super GT - 0%, Calsonic R32 GT-R Race car - 5%, C-West RX-7 - 40%, Nismo 350Z 5%, Blitz Chaser - 90%.... a lot of unfinished work.
xpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 11:23 PM   #89
waspsrfc
AF Newbie

I've placed all my modelling stuff in the dumpster outside my apartment. I'll never get to this level. Does Ferrari know the blueprints for the F40 are missing? It's an absolutely stunning job.
Old 02-05-2009, 07:48 AM   #90
bmwmech1
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by waspsrfc
I've placed all my modelling stuff in the dumpster outside my apartment. I'll never get to this level. Does Ferrari know the blueprints for the F40 are missing? It's an absolutely stunning job.
Your compliment is too kind... I never really thought I would build something to this level until I started working on it, so get your stuff back out of the dumpster and keep going. It's nice that everyone appreciates my progress, but it's no more complex than anything else we modelers do... cut up some parts and fix them together until it looks like something. The reference material, like any other project of this size, is really the key and I have been lucky to have a bunch of good reference. Plus the compliments help to drive you forward, also. Thanks again,

BM1

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Motorsports