Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Silverado
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-28-2004, 07:06 PM   #1
Ruralmedic
AF Newbie

Question Wig-Wag Flasher..2000 Z71 LS Silverado

Hello to all!
This is my first post to this great site and I know there are a few of you that can help me on this.
I use my 2000 Z71 Silverado with the 5.3 as a 1st Responder vehicle (I'm a new N.R.E.M.T.-Basic in South Texas). I bought a $30 Wig-Wag flasher from JC Whitney before I found out my headlights were negative grounded. I then bought the correct flasher (Sho-Me) and now I'm a wiggin' and a waggin' like crazy, but I've got this $30 flasher that's just asking to be hooked up. It's got a red wire for power and then one each brown, green, white and yellow wire. My question is; can I hook this up to either my stock fog lights or a set of driving lights I have mounted on the front bumper? The bumper lights have only a ground wire and a power wire; how would I make the hook-up?
Thanks to all in advance!
Ruralmedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 09:06 PM   #2
broughy84
AF Enthusiast

Re: Wig-Wag Flasher..2000 Z71 LS Silverado

yes you can definately hook em up to your bumper lights. I'm not sure about your wiring, but this is how mine is set up *the colors are different but bare with me, I got mine from GALLS*

Blue - left light
Yellow - right light
red - 12V+ from switch
white - constant 12V+
green - ground
black - night time shut off (hooks to the park lights so if you don't want them to come on while driving at night they wont)

Any way if you only have one wire coming from your lights for pwr then they are run is parallel so tap the wire from the light that has power running to it from the switch with one wire, then remove the wire running between the two lights for power and hook that to the other light wire coming from the wig wag. Then hook the box to your pwr source and a ground. It should work okay, and it will also allow you to run them as normal, if it is a similar hookup as mine.

also you may want to talk to jeverett. he is a fire-medic also.
2004 GMC Yukon XL -- 223,000 miles

1987 Jeep Comanche -- 116,000 miles

broughy84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 11:17 AM   #3
Ruralmedic
AF Newbie

Re: Wig-Wag Flasher..2000 Z71 LS Silverado

Thanks Broughy,
I'll see what happens!
Ruralmedic is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Silverado