Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Blazer > Problem Diagnosis
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Problem Diagnosis Got a problem you can't fix? Post here and one of our members will answer as soon as possible.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-28-2012, 10:41 AM   #1
s10blazerman4x4
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to s10blazerman4x4
PRNDL Odometer Out? Fixed

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...ith+no+mileage

Basically I did not want to update an old thread. Back in 08 when I bought this blazer I have had this problem ever since and just dealt with it but since I am getting ready to sell this in a few weeks I had to fix it. I haven't soldered since middle school and that resulted in a few burnt fingers but just a few updates for those with 99 models because the cluster boards are different from the pictures PCFIXIT posted. On the 99s there are no wires going to the odometer and PRNDL display boards there are metal pins that go back to the board and are soldered in. On number 1 pin for each side there is a glue holding it to the board, yes glue not grease but glue. The glue was still holding on PRNDL but not on the odometer and I went with what PCFIXIT stated that number 1 was the common bond between the two and since PIN1 on odomter was sliding all around and not secure that had to be the issue. I added solder all around till it would not move no more and reinstalled into truck. Problem solved. Big thanks to PCFIXIT for charting the unknown on this many years ago because that blueprint is what got mine fixed.
Old 01-28-2012, 07:30 PM   #2
jamesslcx
AF Enthusiast

Re: PRNDL Odometer Out? Fixed

Thanks for the info!
jamesslcx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 07:53 PM   #3
ricebike
AF Enthusiast

Re: PRNDL Odometer Out? Fixed

if it's relavent, i say bump that old thread

too many threads on here gets updated with the "fixed" posting!
ricebike is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Blazer > Problem Diagnosis