Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Geo > Metro
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 11:10 AM   #1
flashlight
AF Regular

Selling my '94 geo metro

So I've finally come to the point that it will be better if I go ahead and sell my car. I've recently moved to a state much farther away than I would want to drive it to. My car is a 1994 blue geo metro with just over 200,000 miles, I got it when it was at 164,500. It is a manual transmission and none of the gears are slipping. It has been in 2 accidents that caused some damage to it. The first accident just caused damage to the drivers rear panel. It was a hit and run while I was at a wrecking yard. The second accident a family member was driving and ended up rear ending another vehicle so there is still some damage to the front frame but nothing that can't be repaired by a shop. It also has a few other minor issues that will need to be worked on. Like when I replaced the timing belt I believe that I got it one tooth off, so in order for it to run smoothly the engine is currently retarded. Also going out in the near future are the front wheel bearings and the tie rods. I've got all the parts just haven't had the tools or the time to replace. And when I was under the car last I noticed that the boots on the ball joints are damaged so those will also need to be replaced.

If anyone on here is interested let me know. Also if anyne has any ideas on what a fair asking price for this car is I would be very interested in hearing it.

When looking on www.kbb.com my car falls between the fair to good range. Which is from $780-$1200.
And on the other side of the spectrum is www.nada.com. They are saying that the car in it's current state is between $250 and $500.

Last edited by flashlight; 09-04-2011 at 01:04 AM.
flashlight is offline   Reply With Quote