Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Aveo
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-10-2008, 06:46 PM   #1
toni1595
AF Regular

2004 Aveo serpentine belt removal

Hi all. I am working towards replacing the timing belt on this car and am just getting started and I am having a problem getting the serpentine belt loosened. I can see a bolt in the center that holds the idler pulley on, but I don't see any way to adjust it. The pulley is mounted to a bracket and I loosened that, but again, not really doing much in the loosening area. I know it's some simple thing that I am not seeing, I just need a little guidance. Thanks.
toni1595 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 07:35 PM   #2
toni1595
AF Regular

Re: 2004 Aveo serpentine belt removal

OK, I feel a little foolish now that I found out how this little device works. "It was so simple it plum evaded me" as Jimmy Buffet said. You see I'm an old Subaru guy. Haven't ever had to deal with one of these before. It was quite a feat to get a new belt back on though. I ended up holding the tensioner back and pushing it up and over the crank pulley, because I couldn't get it over the tensioner pulley no matter how I tried. Anyway if anyone needs a tutorial on a Chevy Aveo timing belt or water pump change for that matter, let me know and I can probably help you out.
toni1595 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Aveo