Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Drifting
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-07-2003, 01:13 PM   #31
jdmkenji
AF Enthusiast

hahaha i have to chime back in...

1. a little insecure are we??? 18? congratulations. you should start acting like 18.

2. D1, no matter how rigged you are still loooking at the top of the line drifters and race drivers of japan. I dont care if they make the worst driver of D1 the top guy, he can still kick ass and know how to control their cars. True, its all about promotion, sponsorships, money making... but who the hell cares. I'm sure if you put one of those D1 guys against the other "japanese" drifters... they can still be very competetive.

3. Yeah, you might "know of drifting" from the videos and magazines, but since you havent actually tried it, dont knock on other people who would like to try learning it. I know that your making fun, coz most people here sound like they're stupid for asking questions... but remember, we all have to start somewhere. Just coz he saw D1 and wants to learn something new doesnt mean he's a band wagon jumper. You'll only find out a band wagon jumper once you see them actually try it... i think most of the guys online who talk about drifting and never really do are the real band wagon jumper... specially those who try to knock others who are honestly interested in the sport and are just starting.

All i'm saying is that you guys should help out instead of posting shitz like:

- band wagon jumper, waaaahhh
- fwd drifter, waaaaaah
- if you cant do d1 drift, your not a drifter, wahhhhhh!!!!!
- we're the real drifters here and if you want in, well... you cant! waaah!

how stupid is that!??!
Old 09-07-2003, 09:57 PM   #32
Suislide
AF Fanatic

Re: i need drifting help and d1gp

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmkenji
hahaha i have to chime back in...

1. a little insecure are we??? 18? congratulations. you should start acting like 18.
and how would you suggest that, mother? i'm not insecure about anything. i act my age and act how i see fit in a situation. if you don't like it, then boo hoo.

just because i'm unfortunate enough to live in Canada (which i love otherwise besides the racing scene), where's there's absolutely no scene and no events, you write me off? it's not my fault that i live up here. if i could live in So-Cal near all the events, i would. oh, and the car that i just bought yesterday was the first car i've owned (out of 5) that i would ever consider drifting. kinda hard to drift in a 12 year old automatic Pontiac rust-bucket, hmm? i'm SO sorry i'm not as fortunate as you to have MONEY to buy a nice car and do whatever i want to it. i'm strapped for cash, as a matter of fact. i was LUCKY to find my car for as cheap as it was, and it'll have to sit for a while while i raise money to swap the transmission. once it's going though, watch out. things will happen, and i will be drifting it, and talking to local race-tracks to try and get more events to happen around here. so yeah, call me an internet drifter if you want. the only reason i'm not out there sideways right now is because of my location and my lack of funds. if i had both of those things, i'd be out there every god-damned day. so if you want to mock me for my misfortunes that i can't help, then go ahead. but i think that's pretty damn low.

the only reason that i was ragging on this dude was because he only wants to drift to look cool. he doesn't care about the skill or the rush. he just wants admiration. i personally couldn't give 2 shits about what anyone else thinks of my drifts, as long as i'm having fun. he also wants to make his Integra RWD. listen man, there are TONS of formidable RWD platforms out there. sell your Integra, buy a nice cheap RWD car (they ARE out there) and use the left-overs to start modding it.

one thing i suggest: mocking a mod's maturity is not a good idea. if you want to do it, then at least keep it to PM's and don't clutter up the board with useless bullshit.
Old 09-07-2003, 11:38 PM   #33
WhiteBlur
AF Regular

Listen Integ, just stick to your integra. If you love your car stick with it and don't go tryin to do somethin you know nothing about. And just because you saw somebody do it and it looked really good doesn't necisarrily mean that you can do it also. In 5 years you could never match their capabilities with the knowledge you know now. So just stay with the integra and be happy.
Old 09-08-2003, 01:06 AM   #34
stealthj
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to stealthj
i agreee, i know a japanese guy, and ive talked to him a few times saying that D1 is commercializing their sport, making it look bad, pretty soon u will hear on the news that drifting is the new thing kids are out for, and making us look like bad kids

i wonder if the ONE-VIA was for sal in japan?

i wonder if its a TREND like the silvia frotn end conversion is?
Old 09-08-2003, 02:00 AM   #35
ryuhito
AF Newbie

Newbies: Tread lightly and with respect here. Many of the people posting know their stuff and can smell bullshit a mile away. Bullshit is seen as disrespect for their passion and if you catch them on a bad day they will tear you up.

Gurus: Try to remember the way you felt when you began to discover all this car stuff. We all had opinions then that would embarass us now. And remember, the Death Star would have blown up a lot of planets if Yoda wouldn't have put up with Lukes crappy attitude for a while.
ryuhito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 07:21 PM   #36
Thepeug
Quem queritis?

Send a message via AIM to Thepeug
Man, you guys are brutal. With the exception of a few, this entire post has been one big bitch fight.
Old 09-10-2003, 07:06 PM   #37
jdmkenji
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thepeug
Man, you guys are brutal. With the exception of a few, this entire post has been one big bitch fight.

hehehe, u havent seen the other threads on this section yet have u?

its just the internet
Old 09-27-2003, 11:43 PM   #38
Shinji
AF Newbie

ok ok ok

I want to add that you guys need to stop flamin' I mean damn..

Ok FWD buddy I tried getting help to when I wanted to learn to drift a FWD and as it was posted before it can be done it is harder and e-brake and also brake drifting is going to be your best friend, if you can perfect a FWD drift I am other people should respect you alittle more cuz it is hard as hell to be able to do it perfect as anyone who drifts FWD..

I own a 99 Honda Civic EX and as stated before you need the setup, when I started out I could only ge the ass end to swing out when it was wet out or if I switched to some semi bald tires.. lamer!

Ok I would say screw the engine mods (yea they make you go fast but if you can't drift the corner in the 1st place extra hp won't help any more trust me on this!)

Go by the Quide that was given in the 1st page he seems to know alot about FWD drifting, I would also along with the suspension build up get a big brake kit or anything over oem like brembo or baer are the best..

If you need any other help e-mail Knight-SaberX@neo-tokyo.org
Shinji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2003, 04:43 AM   #39
scourge2u
AF Regular

1. FWD simply cannot drift. All you American kids want to play but you refuse to use the right equipment.

2. D1 are the top drifters in all of Japan? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Man, thats so damn funny.

3. Its one thing to try to learn drifting but its completely another matter when you want to jump on the latest fad just to be cool. We all started somewhere and we are all still learning (well, most of us anyway). There is no obligation to help a poser.
scourge2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2003, 11:56 AM   #40
Shinji
AF Newbie

You are still flamin, damn you 10 year old kids need a life.

You don't need RWD to drift you can drift a damn go kart, you can drift anything if you have the setup on your car and if you have the skill and time to practice. Anyone who flames a person for wanting to learn something is the following.

1) A real jackass cuz I am sure you needed help at one point to.
2) repeat step one until you need help and people flame you for it!
Shinji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2003, 12:21 PM   #41
scourge2u
AF Regular

FYI: Go carts are all RWD so although you were trying to make a point, you just didn't quite make it.
scourge2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2003, 12:25 PM   #42
Thepeug
Quem queritis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji
You are still flamin, damn you 10 year old kids need a life.

You don't need RWD to drift you can drift a damn go kart, you can drift anything if you have the setup on your car and if you have the skill and time to practice. Anyone who flames a person for wanting to learn something is the following.

1) A real jackass cuz I am sure you needed help at one point to.
2) repeat step one until you need help and people flame you for it!
I don't understand why drifters act like thier sport is some kind of elite club whose members get offended if someone with a Civic wants to start drifting. Yes, it makes much more sense to drift with a RWD car, but if FWD is someone's only option and they want to learn, more power to them. There's no reason why anyone should be flamed for asking a question.
Old 09-28-2003, 01:11 PM   #43
Suislide
AF Fanatic

Re: Re: i need drifting help and d1gp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thepeug
I don't understand why drifters act like thier sport is some kind of elite club whose members get offended if someone with a Civic wants to start drifting. Yes, it makes much more sense to drift with a RWD car, but if FWD is someone's only option and they want to learn, more power to them. There's no reason why anyone should be flamed for asking a question.
if you don't like it, don't look at it. simple as that.

offense comes because the "new" drifters are doing it for all the wrong reasons. but why re-type something i've already said in this thread?

Shinji - calling people "10 year old kids" is a flame. telling people to stop flaming and then calling them "10 year old kids" without actually knowing how old they are is pure hypocrisy.

this thread is on the line.
Old 09-28-2003, 01:15 PM   #44
stealthj
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to stealthj
drifting is fun....lol

one time i was like COMPLETELY sideways, but the road was wet thats why, it was SOO slippery, i was going like 10 mph and i made a u turn but i ended up sideways for about 5 seconds

it was SLLLIIICCKkk

this is an old thread
Old 09-28-2003, 04:13 PM   #45
Thepeug
Quem queritis?

Re: Re: Re: i need drifting help and d1gp

Quote:
Originally Posted by S13_Iketani
if you don't like it, don't look at it. simple as that.

offense comes because the "new" drifters are doing it for all the wrong reasons. but why re-type something i've already said in this thread?

Shinji - calling people "10 year old kids" is a flame. telling people to stop flaming and then calling them "10 year old kids" without actually knowing how old they are is pure hypocrisy.

this thread is on the line.
I understand what you're saying, but hen someone asks a question about drifiting, you have no way of telling whether or not they're doing it becuase it's the newest fad, or becuase they're genuinely intersted in becoming a skilled drifter. You have to give them a chance, and not always assume it's some kid jumping onto the bandwagon.