Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Saab > 9-5
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-10-2005, 07:27 PM   #1
brandonrx7
AF Newbie

any known 2000 9-5 problems

hello, i am currently looking at buying a 2000 saab 9-5 with 55000 miles for 6900 i looked up blue book and it was around 13000 so by the looks for it this seems like a good deal. i really know nothing about saabs for i am an audi guy but really like this car. is there anything i should be aware about this car? is there any maintance that i will need to do soon? i noticed on this forum, there seems to be problems with the 99 9-5 are these the same problems with the 2000. also if anyone knows what are the specs on this car(0-60, braking time, quarter mile, gas) any help would be great!
brandonrx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 09:40 AM   #2
mbunakeith
AF Regular

Re: any known 2000 9-5 problems

i would be very suspicious about this car. the price seems too good. ask them why it is so cheap. it probably has a leaking timing cover, a broken heater box, a broken sid display, worn out brake rotors, among a few other things. these are the big ones i see a lot. the trionic probably needs updating too. throttle bodies are prone to failing. idm (formally known as di cassettes) are known problems. there is a campaign coming out in march to replace the idm on that car. if it is a manual tranny, it may need a new grenade assembly or synchros. if it is an auto, it may be not be shifting correctly. we have seen quite a few failed auto trannies lately in our shop. the 2000 9-5's are slightly better than the 99's, but still risky. pretty expensive to fix this car. saab didnt make it easy to work on like the 9-3. the power seat chassis is probably noisey/loose. they are $3200.
what model is it? base? v-6? aero? arc?
mbunakeith is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Saab > 9-5