Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Silverado
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-25-2006, 11:14 AM   #151
Snowbrdr1122
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Snowbrdr1122
Re: What age are you guys mostly, and what kind of work do you do?

22 and I sell/service/install/test equipment used in gas stations to monitor their underground tank systems. Our company also provides requiered testing services to gas stations in their tanks and lines

2005 Chevy Silverado 1500 Crew Cab Z-71
-Access Roll Top Tonneau
-Cranked T-bars
-285 BFG All Terrains

Next up, 10" lift, rims/tires, and exhaust
Snowbrdr1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 12:30 PM   #152
wrparks
AF Regular

I'm 24 years old and though I haven't read all the posts (gave up 3/4 of the way through) I'd be willing to bet that my job is unique to the posts. I'm a masters student in plant pathology who listens to everything from old and new rock to old and new country. Right now I'm on a Hank Sr kick. Most of the stuff I keep in my truck is the emergency type, flashlight, jumpers, tire plugs and plugging tools, air pump, etc. Also, of course have few random tools such as adjustable wrench, pliers, etc. And most important to me is tons of rope and tie down stuff. In my opinion, a truck is only as good as the equipment you have to tie stuff into the bed with, and I have never yet been lacking in that area. Haven't gotten a tool box yet, just waitin for the right one to come along at the right price.

My truck is bone stock except I dropped in the K&N replacement filter after about 25,000 miles or so. So, obviously I haven't worked on it much. Spent most of my most recent time working on my wifes saturn. Replaced all kinds of things before I realized that it was just a plug on a vacuum line that had dry rotted and fallen off. Spent $120 and cost 60 cents to fix. Boy did I feel stupid. Learned what little I know about wrench turning growing up on a farm and trying to keep late 60's models ford and chevy dump trucks hauling corn and wheat. Because sometimes you just gotta tap the starter on them trucks to get it cranked in the morning.

Oh, and forgot about the ever important roll of duck tape that must be in all truck tool sets.
wrparks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 04:34 PM   #153
2004vho
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to 2004vho
Wink Re: What age are you guys mostly, and what kind of work do you do?

I'm 33yrs old. and I sell F*rd Parts right now...I drive my GMC Sierra VHO 2 work every day or my 1983 Chevy C-10 LWB 406cid, or my 1969 Chevy C-10 SWB.....lol. Hey I love cars, and this is close enough 4 now....?!
Old 02-25-2006, 06:14 PM   #154
FiTxAg04
AF Regular

23. Graduating from Texas A&M University in May. Got a couple of construction management jobs lined up to start in June...just gotta decide which company I wanna work for. Right now I work at a dog breeding kennel to make it through school and to buy new goodies for my truck!
Old 02-25-2006, 06:34 PM   #155
TexasF355F1
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to TexasF355F1

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiTxAg04
23. Graduating from Texas A&M University in May. Got a couple of construction management jobs lined up to start in June...just gotta decide which company I wanna work for. Right now I work at a dog breeding kennel to make it through school and to buy new goodies for my truck!
Congrats man. A couple of my friends just graduated last May in the construction science area.
Old 02-25-2006, 08:06 PM   #156
FiTxAg04
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasF355F1
Congrats man. A couple of my friends just graduated last May in the construction science area.
Thanks a lot. Took me 6 years but I'm just about there. Its definitely a good area to go into...always jobs and will be until people decide they don't want to live in houses anymore!
Old 02-25-2006, 09:50 PM   #157
05xtcat
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to 05xtcat

22 and I work as a construction/land surveyor... drive a nice 05 chevy express van for work though haha

05 Silverado Z71 Ext. Cab
5.3L, 4.10s, Bose, XM, Sunroof, Leather
Corsa Sport, Vararam King Cobra, Silverstars, T-Rex Grille, Hellas
05xtcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 09:51 PM   #158
jasonb01
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004vho
I'm 33yrs old. and I sell F*rd Parts right now...I drive my GMC Sierra VHO 2 work every day or my 1983 Chevy C-10 LWB 406cid, or my 1969 Chevy C-10 SWB.....lol. Hey I love cars, and this is close enough 4 now....?!
At least you're in a job that offers LOTS of job security! lol
jasonb01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 10:12 PM   #159
silveradoking
AF Regular

Great posts guys...Now I know that there is a lot of you guys that still haven't posted, but keep em coming.....it's great to know what a lot of you are studing or working hard....or trying to work hard.............Anyways, don't forget to list what kind or kinds of music you like to listen too, and what kind of stuff you keep in your silvy......
2001 Chevy ' Black Beauty' Silvy, Extended 5.3 V8 Mods include: K&N Air Intake, B&M Trans Cooler & Pan, Corvette Servo, Jesse Performace Whoop Ass Tune, Whelen Strobes, Blue/Red Police Lights, Mag Lite mod, Catch Can Mod, Hi-Low-Drl-Fog Light Mod, 4 Brake Light Mod, Power Outlet Bed Mod, Royal Purplerized, Outdoors Accessorized (I'm a outdoor freak) like to take my truck where no other truck has gone (often with consequences) And soon to be: 285 75 16 BFG All Terrain tires with 3" Lift....
silveradoking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 12:25 AM   #160
PamzJoe
AF Regular

Man! Never thought I would get finished reading all the posts! My turn. I'll be 44 on Wed. the 1st. Im a batch washer operator in the Stockside dept. At Smurfit/Stone Container Corp.(Papermill) I work shift work so thats why you see alot of late night posts. Like Skynard, Montgomery Gentry,Marshall Tucker, all Southern Rock.
PamzJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 12:26 AM   #161
FiTxAg04
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05xtcat
22 and I work as a construction/land surveyor... drive a nice 05 chevy express van for work though haha
I worked as a land surveyor for 2 years. It was a pretty awesome job. Drove an '01 2wd V6 Silvy for that job. Now I will say this...that was the crappiest survey vehicle in the world (or close to the crappiest). I can't count the number of times we had to get help from a CAT to get that truck out of the lightest of mud holes. (Tried forever to get the bosses to get us a couple of 4 wheelers, to no avail...). Lets just say that whenever I could, I'd take my Z to the jobsites. The locking diff makes one HELL of a difference (not to mention Autotrac ).

As far as music goes... I'd say 90% country (old and new), 5% 80s rock (AC/DC, old Metallica, Guns 'N Roses, etc.) and the rest split between rap and new rock. But I can say that I'd be completely lost without Johnny Cash, Chris Cagle, Tim McGraw, Hank, etc...
Old 02-26-2006, 02:18 AM   #162
Rugerlab
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to Rugerlab

27, Getting my MBA in Finance at Texas Tech, Part-time Real Estate agent and Drive Limos on the weekend nights for extra cash. As far as music goes I like anything and everything with the exception of rap.

99 Chevy Silverado Z71 LS 5.3L ECSB

Rugerlab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 07:30 AM   #163
HD2500
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGG
I'm 36 and I'm a carpenter. I was starting to feel like I was the only one who used their truck for work.

Nah, I'm 43 and my ext. cab has been and still is a toolbox for a house build I'm doing right now also.
HD2500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 07:46 AM   #164
OGG
AF Regular

My truck is a permanent toolbox/toolshed. I must have at least 600 lbs of tools on a normal day and over 1000 if I need my compressor, miter saw etc. I also have half my clothes in the back seat.
As far as music I listen to everything except country and opera. I love my Sirius radio I haven't played a CD since I got it and I might as well remove the antenna for the regular radio because I will NEVER listen to it again.
OGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 11:44 AM   #165
mikethehammer
AF Newbie

i am 25, union electrician in the midwest, altough it hasn't been that bad of a winter for us i am currently laid off. work is very slow but will pick up pretty fast. anyway i listen to heavy metal with my fav of all time TOOL.
mikethehammer is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Silverado